Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... 
    I have heard the reviews... GWDT is off the chart. "One of the most beautifully shot movies I have ever seen" was said by someone I respect and admire. You be the judge.

David is one of the smartest and most respected directors in the business. I really love David because he pushes us to deliver things we would not have otherwise considered.

"Brilliant" only applies to a select few. David is one of them.

We are so lucky to have so many great movies being released now that are Shot on RED. GWDT is at the top of the list.

An interesting note... GWDT will be released in 4K. This is the beginning of everything we have talked about for 5 years.

I think I am going to have a cigar on this one... :-)

Jim
    Last edited by Jannard; 12-19-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Can't wait to see this film.

Congrats to all the RED team.
    Antonio "Pipas" Forjaz from Maputo, Mozambique
    EPIC X #943
    RED MX SSD #6340
    www.pipasforjaz.com
    www.mahlafilmes.com
    Apple Certified Pro FCP 6 REDucation MX edition completed

From what I have seen should be an amazing film! Tomorrow! Can't wait.
    Scarlet X #59

WillWernick.com

Not bad for a company making "scam" cameras, not bad. :) Sarcasm aside, heart-felt congrats to you and the team. This is another film I'm eagerly waiting to see. Thank you for all your efforts!!!
    Matt Fleming - VFX, Matchmoving, & CGI

IMDB credits
    www.chromasmith.com

I can't wait to see it. Jim, do you happen to know which theaters will be projecting in 4K in LA?

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Brook... not sure which ones. But seek them out. :-)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard View Post
    I can't wait to see it. Jim, do you happen to know which theaters will be projecting in 4K in LA?
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

That's a question I have been asking myself. Regal theaters in Vegas have Sony 4K projectors, but how can you really trust that they are presenting in true 4K? One could ask management, but I'm afraid of that blank stare or a BS yes. How can you be sure?
    The Lonely Moan Inspired by the world of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian.
    http://vimeo.com/33643688

Dead Lonesome A film about Ghost Towns and the Mystique of the Western Landscape filmed in 35mm. http://vimeo.com/6874360

American Cantos http://vimeo.com/8547635

Really excited about seeing this.

Regarding which theaters project in 4K, I wish I knew. The best "guide" I've found so far is Sony's own map of which theaters use their 4K projectors: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/mkt-dig...atregmap.shtml

Not the best 4K theater locator... But it's the only one I know of. :-)

EDIT:
    I contacted AMC Theaters to ask about which of their theaters will be projecting the film in 4K and I just received a reply. They said that all their theaters in the Los Angeles area are equipped with 4K projectors.

EDIT 2:
    I just received another reply from AMC. They said that 4K DCPs are being supplied to every one of their Los Angeles area theaters.
    Last edited by Brian Iannone; 12-27-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    A 19-year-old student with a love for cinematography and a passion for geophysics.

Personal: www.brianiannone.com, Portfolio: visuals.brianiannone.com, Business: www.ik3.co, Twitter: @brianiannone

The List of Scarlet Names | The List of EPIC Names

Would love to find this out as well!

Brilliant is the word. Jackson and Fincher on Red, Nolan doesn't seem to be far off, the final addition to the arsenal for me is Tarantino. Then the most inspirational film makers in my eyes will be shooting on a sensor I'll own - any week now. A pretty extraordinary thing to say for a dude who still hasn't finished Honours.

So excited for this film.