Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Prometheus...

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Last edited by Josh Kameyer; 01-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.

asked in another topic but no reply gotta ask again
    is this movie all shot @ 48fps? i have seen BTS video and it was writing 48fps on clapper
    EPIC-X 7424

Quote Originally Posted by Jon MIchael Puntervold View Post
    Hmm, the cast in Prometheus looks annoyingly pretty, like all of them, it's okay with a babe or two, or a handsome man, but like all of them... In Alien, we got real people - the girl running at 00:36 in the trailer... makes it look a little bit B and trashy... I guess this have nothing to do with the creative team (or their dicks), but more to do with the fact that the studio knows they earn more money (or atleast they think they do) with a pretty cast... Just as they know they earn more with a PG-13 rating... Anyways, I find real people in pressured situations more easy to connect with, than dolls in similar situations. Just a thought.

Besides this small annoyance, the film looks very interesting, and Alien being one of my favorite films, this will be a hard wait... :)
    That's hardly relevant.

The only thing that matters is whether their acting carries through or not. Sure, it can be a bit jarring at first to see a "prettied up" cast, but eventually it settles if their acting is good and it serves the story. Now, if it doesn't, then it becomes a whole 'nother story (literally).

I have faith that Prometheus will deliver. :-)
    Erik Franzén, Director/Writer, Darkly Dreaming Team
    "It's easy to count pixels so people do it. What is important is what you do with those pixels."
    ~ Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Franzén View Post
    That's hardly relevant.
    I disagree, looks matter... :p

That's what I like about Starship Troopers: nothing beats a beautiful cast slaughtered to death!

RED EPIC-X Package
    RPP 300mm T2.9

filmjobsae [a] me [dot] com
    http://www.facebook.com/musaab.ag

Quote Originally Posted by MusaabAG View Post
    Yes!

Anyone else notice that is the SAME Derelict spaceship in the original... the one that had the Giant alien with his guts blown out sitting in what looked like a huge gun - HR Giger did the original production artwork... I got freaking goosebumps... and then to remember - oh yeah this was shot on RED EPIC... pure awesomeness

Original Ship:

PROMETHEUS SHIP

ORIGINAL HR GIGER ART

PROMETHEUS GUNNER
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

9. #99 hmmmmm... 
    A little to drunk after St. Paddy's day to intelligently respond, but the full trailer scares me slightly, love the rawness of the originals.

Will comment when I am more sober tommorrow.

Will still absolutley see it no matter what... just got a few strange vibes off that latest trailer.
    Persistence baby, persistence.

I'm so looking forward to this! Little would I know as a boy watching the original Alien, I would be fortunate enough to own the same cameras used by this master storyteller. Now watching this trailer, major goosebumps from both the trailer and the previous thought. These are great times to be a filmmaker!