Thread: DaVinci Resolve Keyboard - Cheapest control surface

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    great work. Do you have a file we can print to cover the keys?

Senior Member Rosario Balistreri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxi Claudio View Post
    great work. Do you have a file we can print to cover the keys?
    Yes, is in the mail that you'll receive when you buy it.
    Yhe mail contains the blank layout, the changelog, the config guide and the PDF stickers. :)

So how easy is it to edit the scripts so that they work with X-rite? Still waiting for an answer. I am not a programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ruffo View Post
    So how easy is it to edit the scripts so that they work with X-rite? Still waiting for an answer. I am not a programmer.
    Assuming that you're talking about xmeys, I need to know what you want to do.
    Assign a function to a key is immediate, edit specific functions is complicate.
    But I think that you're talking about the first way.
    some users are using it with xKeys :)

Thanks Rosario!

There are some pretty advanced computer techs (like you...) on Reduser. I know software as an advanced user, but I am not a programmer.

I just want to assign some of your functions to some Xkeys (not the ones that are redundant to my wave) and other functions (various Davinci shortcuts) to other keys.

I am also thinking of maybe getting the x-keys with the jog wheel in the middle. Could I assign that wheel to adjust values? Can I use the middle-mouse wheel? Is all this easy to do, or is it assumed that one knows programming to make changes to the script?

Thanks Rosario!

There are some pretty advanced computer techs (like you...) on Reduser. I know software as an advanced user, but I am not a programmer.

I just want to assign some of your functions to some Xkeys (not the ones that are redundant to my wave) and other functions (various Davinci shortcuts) to other keys.

I am also thinking of maybe getting the x-keys with the jog wheel in the middle. Could I assign that wheel to adjust values? Can I use the middle-mouse wheel? Is all this easy to do, or is it assumed that one knows programming to make changes to the script?
    Thanks!

You're gave me a good idea... for the jog wheel...

Obvusly assigning the functions that I've on my script to some x-keys is easy and I'll follow you in this configuration.

Using the jog wheel/mouse wheel to adjust values is a good idea... I need to understand how can I can script it working...

EDIT: I got it, I'll make some tests tomorrow and I'll let you know ;)

Very exciting Rosario! Let us know how it goes.

I mean this thing: (would obviously only work with 1d values like saturation or soft clip, not 2d (x+Y) like the color vectors)

http://www.piengineering.com/xkeys/xkedit.php

But... Middle mouse wheel would also be very useful/fast, especially if it was nice and slow to make very precise adjustment possible.

Another question, can I use trackball AND a regular mouse (keep my mouse for other things, but trackball just for your scripts/keyboard?)

Do I need Mac only trackball, or any will work?

Very exciting Rosario! Let us know how it goes.

I mean this thing: (would obviously only work with 1d values like saturation or soft clip, not 2d (x+Y) like the color vectors)

http://www.piengineering.com/xkeys/xkedit.php

But... Middle mouse wheel would also be very useful/fast, especially if it was nice and slow to make very precise adjustment possible.

Another question, can I use trackball AND a regular mouse (keep my mouse for other things, but trackball just for your scripts/keyboard?)

Do I need Mac only trackball, or any will work?
    I know that is possible to map the jog wheel to do exactly what you're saying... This morning I tried with a wheel mouse and where a bit buggy (maybe is a fault of the cheap mouse). The jog wheel should be better but I can't guarantee it...
    I can make a function that "Shift+UP" or "Shift+RIGHT" means "little increments".
    In this way you can do the fast grade with the mouse and then refine after with the keys...

Yes, you can use the mouse for other things and the trackball just for the script.
    Any trackball that is working on your Mac will work with the script, without limitations ;)

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Rosario Balistreri View Post
    I know that is possible to map the jog wheel to do exactly what you're saying... This morning I tried with a wheel mouse and where a bit buggy (maybe is a fault of the cheap mouse). The jog wheel should be better but I can't guarantee it...
    I can make a function that "Shift+UP" or "Shift+RIGHT" means "little increments".
    In this way you can do the fast grade with the mouse and then refine after with the keys...

Yes, you can use the mouse for other things and the trackball just for the script.
    Any trackball that is working on your Mac will work with the script, without limitations ;)

Regards
    Cool! Thanks of the quick response! I think the Apple Mighty Mouse middle wheel has a very good encoder, and it is also very widely used by your potential customers because it comes free with Mac Pro

Cool! Thanks of the quick response! I think the Apple Mighty Mouse middle wheel has a very good encoder, and it is also very widely used by your potential customers because it comes free with Mac Pro
    Tomorrow I'll try to get one and then I'll post the results there ;)