Thread: Darn! Some of my files have gone "offline". . .

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Darn! Some of my files have gone "offline". . . 
    Okay, I know I'm an incompetent noob with CS5.5, but I hit some command and all of my media files from one sequence have gone offline, and I can't for the life of me find any way to get them back. I think I at one time accidentally hit a button that said "edit offline" or something like that, but I can't find any command anywhere that will bring this footage back to me.

What am I supposed to do?

Thanks so much for your help.

Stephen
    Scarlet Dragon with Canon, Sigma, and Tokina lenses and the Optitron 2 wireless system
    First feature film, Works in Progress, out on DVD (Vanguard Cinema) and online.
    Second feature film, Terminal, scheduled for a fall 2017 release.
    Third feature film, The Tree, currently submitting to festivals scheduled for a mid- to late 2017 release.
    Fourth feature film, The Land, currently in pre-production.

Select all your media and then click Project > Link Media - find one clip, and the rest will link automatically as long as you haven't change source media directory structure.

cheers,

JT

Senior Member Christian Munoz D's Avatar
    USA-Chile-Worldwide ----Red One & Epic Owner----
    Yeap, that is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by John Tissavary View Post
    Select all your media and then click Project > Link Media - find one clip, and the rest will link automatically as long as you haven't change source media directory structure.

cheers,

JT
    Christian Muñoz-Donoso

Equilibrio Films, LLC
    cmunoz at equilibriofilms dot com
    Studio: +1 646-397-9498
    Massachusetts, USA

www.ChristianMunozDonoso.com
    www.EquilibrioFilms.com
    www.WildViewSeries.org

Unfortunately, I neither moved any files (at all) nor is "project>link media" even a valid command. It's grayed out completely. I do seem to remember hitting an "work offline" or something button accidentally, but that's it.

I am on a Mac. Any other thoughts?

Stephen
    Scarlet Dragon with Canon, Sigma, and Tokina lenses and the Optitron 2 wireless system
    First feature film, Works in Progress, out on DVD (Vanguard Cinema) and online.
    Second feature film, Terminal, scheduled for a fall 2017 release.
    Third feature film, The Tree, currently submitting to festivals scheduled for a mid- to late 2017 release.
    Fourth feature film, The Land, currently in pre-production.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Pruitt View Post
    Unfortunately, I neither moved any files (at all) nor is "project>link media" even a valid command. It's grayed out completely. I do seem to remember hitting an "work offline" or something button accidentally, but that's it.

I am on a Mac. Any other thoughts?

Stephen
    can You post a screenshot