Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 3-5 business days. Really.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 3-5 business days. Really. 
    Seriously, I cannot get more frustrated with RED. I'd thought that in the past, but FFS.

End of September or so, I (finally) get an email telling me that my Stage 2 Epic X is "almost" ready. "We estimate we will have your Stage 2 package allocated to you within the next week or so." Then it will take 3-5 business days to ship.

Six weeks later after never getting their follow up email, I call them and after about 20 minutes on the phone (because my Bomb Squad rep isn't around for the third day in a row, and the guy who's talking to me on the phone can't find me anywhere in the system) - he finally does find me and says Oh yes, you can in fact order it now. "I think."
    Ok, so I do. I put in the order on November 15 for accessories, give full payment info on those plus the camera package and say - "ok, send it to me!" I get a receipt with the auspicious heading including the words "Rush Order".

December 1, long after the original 3-5 days estimate - and even longer than the ammended 7-10 day estimate - I finally get an email saying essentially "OK, we finally got around to taking your money, NOW the 7-10 days starts, it didn't really count before because the processing time to get it into processing doesn't actually count towards the processing time. Oh, and it will more likely be at least 14 business days before it actually ships. Starting now. Probably."

But I did get my 3rd Bomb Squad rep in as many weeks to call me back and say "sorry, but too bad - at least you're actually going to get it eventually" numerous times. YaY!!! That makes me feel so much better as I now lose out on the job that I had booked this month. WTG RED!! Nice communication skills and follow through and keeping with what you say. (Sarcasm)

Tom, get in touch with Brent. Doesn't sound like normal operating procedure there.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Yeah the original email was confusing... basically you have to be proactive with RED and talk to your Bomb Squad Rep. I too was expecting to get a second email saying the camera was ready. Too bad you wasted six weeks when you could have started the process from the first email. the 3-5 days processing... kills me... even when something is in stockk you can still expect this processing time... that is really terrible... especially when it's a rush order for something that's listed as in stock.
    Andrae Palmer
    Founder, FACETMEDIA LLC
    facebook.com/facetmedia

Package for rent in South Florida with EPIC-X Camera #721 & RED One #6353, RPP, RED Rocket, RED 18-50 & Oconnor 2575C. Davinci Resolve, FSI LM-2461W & Mac Pro 12 core. Rentals/Equipment List: http://facetmedia.com/camera-packages/

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Tom,

Please check your email.

Best Regards,

Michael
    Michael Keegan
    Squad Leader
    RED Digital Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Andrae Palmer View Post
    the 3-5 days processing... kills me... even when something is in stockk you can still expect this processing time... that is really terrible... especially when it's a rush order for something that's listed as in stock.
    This has been mentioned before, and I think Jarred mentioned that they were working on it, but I'll just mention that I agree with you, Andrae. It's weird to order 19mm rods online, then get an email two days later asking me to confirm my order, then having the order ship two days after that. Again, I'm sure this will get ironed out in the future, but it can put you in a bind if you don't plan around it.
    Julio Quintana
    www.juliomquintana.com

EPIC-X DRAGON #560

I ordered a time codecable on Friday and sent them an email today, asking them to overnight it and they did. Only a timecode cable, but no confusion or miscomunication. So I don't think you are talking about this being the rule at all. I don't blame you for being pissed off, but I have never had any big delays with Red and I own two camera systems and I'm trading them both in on Epics. Just saying...

I just had a similar issue with my Bomb EVF. I ordered it a while ago, and finally two weeks ago I got an email saying it was ready to ship. I sent an email this week asking about it and I had to again confirm my order. Once I confirmed my order they said it would be 3-5 days processing before it would ship. I am lucky I even sent an email this week rather than trusting that it might come because it would never have shipped until I reached out and forced the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Gardner View Post
    I ordered a time codecable on Friday and sent them an email today, asking them to overnight it and they did. Only a timecode cable, but no confusion or miscomunication. So I don't think you are talking about this being the rule at all. I don't blame you for being pissed off, but I have never had any big delays with Red and I own two camera systems and I'm trading them both in on Epics. Just saying...
    I think this is the rule for now ... i ordered a sync cable nov. 26th as a single order, wasn't shipped so i called them today. I am planning on calling them tomorrow, to validate a email which wasn't sent. I think their ordering system/inventory management system is overtaxed and they are doing things manually - which means you have to call them up at every stage. It has to be irritating to them ... calling every other week ... put's them even farther behind ... but I think it's required for the next few months. Hopefully the guy putting the new production line together will assist in upgrading the inventory control and sales system. I have noticed that the website does not seem to be in sync with the inventory control system.
    http://www.youtube.com/patrickfaithart
    "Litl" #250 "Pudl" #397 of "Ink" (Monochrome) #3752

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    As has been mentioned in a thread of a similar vein, we are migrating to a more traditional order fulfillment process. You order. You pay. We ship. No confirmation needed other than your original order being placed. Ironically, at the same time as that previous thread, there was another thread complaining that we are moving to a system where we don't confirm right before we prepare to ship. I guess you cannot please everyone.

We are also upgrading our ordering system at the end of this month. Will make life easier on us - and you. After that, we also have a project to improve My Account system on RED.com. We are also ramping up staffing.

We just ask that you remember that RED is always going to be a lean shop. You saw Jarred's post where we are a company of 100s, not 1000s or tens of thousands. We have to be lean to be able to pass along what we save in overhead along to our customers. And the opposite is true. You increase overhead, then you increase cost, then you have to increase what we charge you for our gear. It is always a give-and-take proposition.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    ... we are migrating to a more traditional order fulfillment process. You order. You pay. We ship. No confirmation needed other than your original order being placed. Ironically, at the same time as that previous thread, there was another thread complaining that we are moving to a system where we don't confirm right before we prepare to ship. I guess you cannot please everyone.
    Awesome, how your doing it sounds exactly perfect. Brent ... forgive my Red newbness ... also sorry to the red oldtimers(lmao)... for us scarlet guys coming on board and backing everything up.
    http://www.youtube.com/patrickfaithart
    "Litl" #250 "Pudl" #397 of "Ink" (Monochrome) #3752