Thread: Premiere Pro XMlL REALLY needs improvement!!!!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Premiere Pro XMlL REALLY needs improvement!!!! 
    I grade in DaVinci Therefore, as it stands:

- I can't use bins

- I can't use multicam sequences

- I can't use nested sequences.

At least I know this (and am not finding out out an hour before the deadline, as a nasty surprise)

In other words, I have to pretend to use a crippled NLE if I want to export my timeline to other software.

How hard, really, would it be to make XML export work like the playhead - that is, it makes a playlist that is just a series of cuts as represented/generated by the use of the above tools? I just want XML to behave like the playhead!

I don't need the nested sequences to stay nested, or the bins to stay bins - who would ever care about that? I just want to be able to grade an external edit in useable way without removing my ability to use bins, nested sequences or multicam.

Speaking of bins, how about "revert to original" as a right-click feature? As it is now, if you make your bin clip too short, lengthening it is a totally silly, convoluted process, unless I am missing something.

PLEASE we need this way before we need some fancy new gee-wiz features.

My bad - XML HAS BEEN FIXED!!!!!!!! YAHOOOO!!!!!

We can now use bins!!!

But, nested sequences still do not work, and multicam still does not work.

PLEASE fix this!

Dran, merged clips do nt work either.

As a DaVinci user, I find all these "cripples" kind of annoying. It means I am using a previous version to work, in effect, with fewer capabilities.
    Last edited by Rob Ruffo; 12-06-2011 at 07:03 AM.