Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Made in California...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Well since I'm in Canada I think it's pretty awesome ... with NAFTA and everything. Plus I'm a dual national, so I've always thought, why farm out work away from your economy especially when you can do a better job at home. If it's possible, keeping it in house makes perfect sense to me!
    Bachelors of Graphic Design and working towards a masters in living life. http://www.cinnabarvista.com/portfolio/

I'm 100% for not having your camera made out of lead-laden plastic by an unpaid 9 year old in China.

But honestly, the products coming from Nikon's Thailand plant are very nice quality and it's hard not to wonder how affordable Scarlet could be...

You might get a call from CBS sent some messages :0)

Paul Ellington
    director/dp & writer

4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #14  
    This post makes me want to want to retire.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    I'm 100% for not having your camera made out of lead-laden plastic by an unpaid 9 year old in China.

But honestly, the products coming from Nikon's Thailand plant are very nice quality and it's hard not to wonder how affordable Scarlet could be...
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

While working on The Amazing Spider-Man [the first movie shot on Epic], I had the opportunity to see a bit "behind the scenes" at RED. What they've built right here in California is astonishing. Manufacturing in California [or anywhere in the States] doesn't only apply if you're creating certain types of products, moving certain volumes [or lack thereof] or charging a particular price. They've set a refreshing manufacturing example that I wish more companies would follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The advantages? How about 5K and REDCODE RAW at 100fps in the size of a match box?

Jim
    and what is the business/process advantages you see to manufacture it in the US VS in an other country like China, Switzerland... ;-) ?

Pat

Keep going J

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Al-Masab View Post
    The German way of creating things.
    True. And that has left Germany with a lot of infrastructure and competence everytime the economy has gone bust.
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483

guys who dont value that the red company creates jobs in their home country,
    shouldnt be allowed to buy red products imho.
    especially the guys screaming scarlet is too expensive.
    someone who cant see what great products for very affordable prices red builds + giving 400 guys and ladies a job they can rely on and make a living, should get on the bad attitude list.
    my opinion.
    applause from me for building the cams in the US.
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The advantages? How about 5K and REDCODE RAW at 100fps in the size of a match box?

Jim
    Okay, nevermind.

Good on you.