Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC + Leica-M + Pier 59

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran Farouk View Post
    that mount that Leica makes is the one he used but the one that you linked I've seen before, problem is, none of those adapters seem to accept the 19mm...
    For those with Canon mounts, the Leica R to Canon EF adapter plates that can be found very inexpensively online will work on Epic and Scarlet for nearly every Leica R lens. Including the 19mm.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo"
    Data Sheets and Notes: Epic M & X, Scarlet X & Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    For those with Canon mounts, the Leica R to Canon EF adapter plates that can be found very inexpensively online will work on Epic and Scarlet for nearly every Leica R lens. Including the 19mm.
    Yeah, was going to do that for my R lenses but I'm hoping there is a proper M solution, would hate to have to switch mount just to use a lens set, it'd just mean that I could throw in my Noctilux and probably the 90 Summilux amongst my R collection...

But by the looks of things now that mount is A ok since I can't find a 19mm...

Given what Jarred says their lead engineer says about the 90...I really can't wait to get hold of an M mount and stick it on the Scarlet when it arrives...then the EPIC later happy days!

One possible bonus of the leica R to Canon mount is that is could transfer lens data...this has yet to be determined but I like the thought.
    Clayton H.Haskell, ICG
    Director & Cinematographer IATSE Local 600

"In dust we trust."

LA - NY - PARIS

Twitter | EPIC REEL | haskellfilms

Quote Originally Posted by Imran Farouk View Post
    Given what Jarred says their lead engineer says about the 90...
    Leica has done something very right with their 90mm lens designs. There is nothing close to the 90mm f/2 APO ASPH M and the 90/2.8 Elmarit-M on FF35.

The Summicron-R 90mm f/2 performs pretty damn well too. Extremely natural "feeling" color.

I feel weird posting images in this thread, but I don't see harm in a link. Here are some "straight" Summicron-R shots with subtle hues.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo"
    Data Sheets and Notes: Epic M & X, Scarlet X & Red Dragon

Leica has done something very right with their 90mm lens designs. There is nothing close to the 90mm f/2 APO ASPH M and the 90/2.8 Elmarit-M on FF35.

The Summicron-R 90mm f/2 performs pretty damn well too. Extremely natural "feeling" color.

I feel weird posting images in this thread, but I don't see harm in a link. Here are some "straight" Summicron-R shots with subtle hues.
    Yeah its crazy how they make their lenses just so captivating but I'm going to hold out until they Summilux the 75 and 90..(hopefully the macro version)

Was very tempted though to get the F2, but having all 1.4 would be very nice

EDIT:

Is there a new version of the Leica 21mm that doesn't have the protruding element going past the mount? Would that be useable?

Because I see -> http://www.photocrati.com/wp-content...es-428x500.jpg
    and I see .> http://en.leica-camera.com/assets/gallery/4464.jpg

The first is obvious it wouldn't work
    the second looks like it would

I know the 21mm elmar won't work for sure but the 24 and 21 Lux both look like they could mount...

Imran, to me, the lens without the protrusion looks like a 3D rendering, whereas the other looks like a photo. It's possible that all of them do have the bit sticking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kondziela View Post
    Imran, to me, the lens without the protrusion looks like a 3D rendering, whereas the other looks like a photo. It's possible that all of them do have the bit sticking out.
    Agreed but I took a look at the 35mm Summilux which was said to be not possible and all the other lenses on the official Leica site, which is where the second photo is from, the ones that were stated not to be able to work because of the protrusion is obvious but the only 2 that are in question is the 21mm and 24mm summiluxs. The 35 Summilux can't be used thats for sure and same as all the other lenses apart from the Summarit-M 35 mm f/2.5 and beyond. So hence 21 and 24 are in question. I'll probably head down to Leica store when I'm back near one to check it out but that would open a damn world of brilliance if that was possible.

SpaceCam mount + 21mm, 24mm Summilux, 35mm 1.2 Voigtlander Nokton and so on...would need to re-do the focus tabs to allow for focus gears etc. but it'd be second best thing to Leica PL lenses

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar

I like the first shot a lot. Beautiful light, nicely rendered.

But there is something worth noting: the little illuminated sign with the St. George cross is rendered too harshly. Nothing to do with the lens, but this seems to be a problem with digital sensors. I assume you used a digital camera for these shots?

EDIT: I suppose that highlight recovery in editing software could solve that little problem.

really sad , that RED epic can't use the full range. I could only wished that they would offer a special sensor gate for us lecia M users.
    I would surely pay good money for this option.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles lim yi yong View Post
    really sad , that RED epic can't use the full range. I could only wished that they would offer a special sensor gate for us lecia M users.
    I would surely pay good money for this option.

Really?