Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: #126 for sale

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J Clark View Post
    Thanks Donatello. Great to hear from you! This information clarifies a lot. I would think that Red might transfer a new warranty to a new owner if the camera is unused.

Looks like you're on the cusp of getting your RED?? Let me know when you're in town. and come by the new studio. We have 50 new processors/50gb ram in the render farm and 9 quad core compositing stations at work on multiple film and commercial VFX projects.
    hi will you tell us at least starting point for price range ?
    is it easier to change your order detailes ?

mumble mumble..........you are tempting me...

Steve

Craig, Is there anything else you require? I am unclear of your intent, but it's obvious to anyone serious about purchasing this camera that the accessories are not all available yet. They are on our purchase order and there are no secrets or deceptions transpiring here.

If you indeed discover holes in my order, kindly let me know directly and avoid any further public, inappropriate personal attacks on character. This is supposed to be a professional forum and responses of this sort are unwanted and unwarranted.

The accessories listed are to build the complete top handle scenario and offer as many media options as possible. My concern is this - if we do not place our order now for the full set of parts we need, they may get delayed even longer, so I am passing this offer onto a buyer, along with our deposit and early adopter credit.

As for charging a buyer for unavailable accessories, Red does require a deposit at minimum, so it is not "dumb" as commented; it requires money deposited and commitment at purchase time.

Jeff, inferring that my statements are "dumb" is very disrespectful, especially when you do not know the person you are insulting, or realize that this is a small industry and relationships are best kept on the upside. You are a moderator so I expect you to be reasonable and fair. I must ask, is this a professional forum or not, because thus far the few responses I have received have been of an accusatory and insinuating nature.

In regards to the warranty, I am still unclear of these terms and this is a very good question, better approached and asked in a more professional manner than it was presented here. If anybody would be generous enough to point us in the right direction to resolve these concerns, it would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, if you are not in the market to purchase this camera, please withhold your personal comments and allow us to find a good home for this amazing tool, with somebody who did not have the fortune we did, to be there early, faithfully commit $1000 and get on the list.

I am happy to answer any questions in regards to the camera's availability or purchase.
    Damn man, that's one hell of a reply. I love it. Nice way of euphemizing, "Shut the FU$K up." Hahaha.

Jeff, inferring that my statements are "dumb" is very disrespectful, especially when you do not know the person you are insulting, or realize that this is a small industry and relationships are best kept on the upside. You are a moderator so I expect you to be reasonable and fair. I must ask, is this a professional forum or not, because thus far the few responses I have received have been of an accusatory and insinuating nature.
    Sorry bout that. I wasn't trying to infer that directly about your comment or you specifically. Although, reading it now, I don't see how it could be taken in any other way. I need to cut back on the late-night posting activity.

Anyway, what I should have stated more articulately: Many of the accessories you have listed are not available and may not be for some time. Some of them may never actually enter production. You have since responded that these are optional to the buyer, thank you for clarifying. If the buyer does opt for these accessories you have on reserve and it turns out they don't enter production or end up taking substantially longer than anticipated, how would you address that situation?

In regards to the warranty, I am still unclear of these terms and this is a very good question, better approached and asked in a more professional manner than it was presented here. If anybody would be generous enough to point us in the right direction to resolve these concerns, it would be greatly appreciated.
    As of right now, the warranty does not transfer to anyone beyond the original purchaser. Warranty period is 12 months. It seems most RED sales are being handled as a lease with a buy-out at the end of the term and the seller still has to commit to handling any warranty issues and recalls that may occur during this warranty period. Camera can probably be shipped to / from RED with the new buyer (but still using the original owner's name) and it will be necessary for the original owner to coordinate and get return shipment or warranty service approval. But I suppose this is just an aspect of the deal that will need to be taken into account. Do you sell the camera and commit yourself to being available for assistance with warranty issues? If so, it should raise the sale price of your camera. Or do you sell it as is, guaranteed to work upon arrival, but no commitment to assist with warranty issues beyond a certain period - like maybe the first week or two?

Lots of ways to structure a deal like this. Ultimately it comes down to what you as the seller and your buyer can agree upon and live with.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

There is a lot of interest in this camera and we would like to gain 4-6 months rental fees on the camera in the sale price, or keep it for future use. That said, an additional $20k above our cost would bring the sale price to around $43k.

I am aware of the potential responses this sale may provoke, but whether the camera is sold, rented or shooting, we are all in this for profit and yes, we too are capitalists and find ourselves in a unique situation that we did not plan for.

Craig, Is there anything else you require? I am unclear of your intent, but it's obvious to anyone serious about purchasing this camera that the accessories are not all available yet. They are on our purchase order and there are no secrets or deceptions transpiring here...
    Someone suddenly posting for the first time and its a low number Red for sale. The immediate reaction is, if they have the "R" then why not show it right off the bat? There are just too many internet scams out there not to challenge and we're not talking about small money. You obviously weren't picking up on what everyone else was getting at and I've seen too many people on dvxuser get hosed trying to buy gear to worry about ruffling a few feathers if the subtle approach is lost.

Anyway... Challenge worked, "R" posted.

So I guess I'll just have to put up with the backlash.
    ----------------------
    Cheers!
    http://www.techyoumedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    As of right now, the warranty does not transfer to anyone beyond the original purchaser. .
    guy's what do you think of this thread is it considrable to think of it
    :ranting2: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6890 :ranting2:

it is abOut finding easier solution for RED SWAP

Banned
    why don't you guys let j clark go about the business of selling his camera without all of this hostility and suspicion and thread-jacking and noise. not one serious inquiry or any value added. the stuff on the non-transferability of the warranty is of value, but the rest of it...i thought this was supposed to be a community where we helped each other out, sheesh.

j clark, how fixed is the list? i am possibly interested in a 3rd camera, but with 2 in the works already, i am interested pretty much in something close to body, lens, and batts. is that an option or not? (you will probably get better offers than this, but it never hurts to ask....). thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by planet e View Post
    why don't you guys let j clark go about the business of selling his camera without all of this ...i thought this was supposed to be a community where we helped each other out, sheesh.

i am trying to find a way for J clark or anyother reservation holder to sell their
    own numbers with HELP and approval of Redteam .it iwll be easier swap the order from RED
    and much easier for every without shipping piece after piece ,,warranty transfer ..replacement all other thing like that

Speaking from the EU the excellent consumer laws will not apply to RED as the camera is being supplied from outside the EU.
    The "European Distance Selling Directive" designed to protect those who buy and pay online also only applies to goods bought within the EU.
    (it includes a seven day period to return goods for a full refund)

Good news is that insurance by credit card companies is applicable across borders, but need to check fine print that it covers goods for business use.

To keep RED warranty "live" if selling shortly after buying then perhaps a simple lease contract would keep the camera under warranty.
    Payment terms could be 99% first instalment 11 instalments to makeup the residual?

Having said this all the major camera players in the EU offer one year warranty (transferable) and EU law dictates they must support the product for six years with service and spare parts.

So far RED is proving to be superb in its treatment of customers.

Mike Brennan