Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: #126 for sale

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. #1 #126 for sale 
    Red #126 for sale with signed Titanium memento.

Highest offer takes the whole package. Cashier's check or cash in person is required. Camera is expected to arrive within a few weeks. This is the package we have on pre-order, but it can be modified to fit your requirements.

Included:

Red Body
    Red Base Prod Pack
    Red Power Pack
    Red EVF with cable and mount
    Red LCD with Cable and mount
    Red Raid with cable
    Red Flash SATA Module
    Red SATA 32gb Media
    Red AC power
    Red Top Handle Ext.
    Red Top Mount Ext.
    Red Arm Ext.
    Red Carbon Fiber 12" Rods x2
    Red Carbon Fiber 18" Rods x2

Please contact me directly to make an offer. If interest is low, we will keep the camera and put it to work at a later date so please make substantial and reasonable offers for this amazing camera package.

Senior Member Jonathan L. Bowen's Avatar
    Would one MILLION dollars be enough? hehe

The Red SATA 32gb drive, Red Raid Drive and the EVF are not shipping, so how would you be selling them?

neither are the CF rods
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

All of the accessories are on order, will be included with the package price and shipped to the buyer when they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by J Clark View Post
    All of the accessories are on order, will be included with the package price and shipped to the buyer when they are available.
    But that's just dumb. RED won't charge for those unavailable accessories and the buyer may not want them or may not want to deal with it down the road. And that's assuming that all of those products will even become available.

The bigger questions are, how do you intend to structure your sale and how do you intend to support this camera with the new owner? Warranties do not transfer.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by J Clark View Post
    Red #126 for sale with signed Titanium memento. Our partner prod company purchased two reds so this one will be an extra and we want to see it working.

Highest offer takes the whole package. Cashier's check or cash in person is required. Camera is expected to arrive within a few weeks.

Included:

Red Body
    Red Base Prod Pack
    Red Power Pack
    Red EVF with cable and mount
    Red LCD with Cable and mount
    Red Raid with cable
    Red Flash SATA Module
    Red SATA 32gb Media
    Red AC power
    Red Top Handle Ext.
    Red Top Mount Ext.
    Red Arm Ext.
    Red Carbon Fiber 12" Rods x2
    Red Carbon Fiber 18" Rods x2

Please contact me directly to make an offer. If interest is low, we will keep the camera and put it to work at a later date so please make substantial and reasonable offers for this amazing camera package.
    Why didn't you post a photo of yourself next to the Titanium R with the serial number showing? That accessory list has some glaring holes in it that I could drive a train through, sideways!
    ----------------------
    Cheers!
    http://www.techyoumedia.com

Craig, Is there anything else you require? I am unclear of your intent, but it's obvious to anyone serious about purchasing this camera that the accessories are not all available yet. They are on our purchase order and there are no secrets or deceptions transpiring here.

If you indeed discover holes in my order, kindly let me know directly and avoid any further public, inappropriate personal attacks on character. This is supposed to be a professional forum and responses of this sort are unwanted and unwarranted.

The accessories listed are to build the complete top handle scenario and offer as many media options as possible. My concern is this - if we do not place our order now for the full set of parts we need, they may get delayed even longer, so I am passing this offer onto a buyer, along with our deposit and early adopter credit.

As for charging a buyer for unavailable accessories, Red does require a deposit at minimum, so it is not "dumb" as commented; it requires money deposited and commitment at purchase time.

Jeff, inferring that my statements are "dumb" is very disrespectful, especially when you do not know the person you are insulting, or realize that this is a small industry and relationships are best kept on the upside. You are a moderator so I expect you to be reasonable and fair. I must ask, is this a professional forum or not, because thus far the few responses I have received have been of an accusatory and insinuating nature.

In regards to the warranty, I am still unclear of these terms and this is a very good question, better approached and asked in a more professional manner than it was presented here. If anybody would be generous enough to point us in the right direction to resolve these concerns, it would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, if you are not in the market to purchase this camera, please withhold your personal comments and allow us to find a good home for this amazing tool, with somebody who did not have the fortune we did, to be there early, faithfully commit $1000 and get on the list.

I am happy to answer any questions in regards to the camera's availability or purchase.

Jim, missed you the last time i was in your city ,also will miss your party - might be back your way end of Jan ...
    seeing how you have a week or 2 .. it might be better to let the potential buyer give you a list of accessorries ? some might be what you've already ordered or not ?? ..... i don't think anybody really knows how the warranty thing will work on a brand new RED that has been sold ... below are the basic's but i think RED had in mind a camera that was used for a bit not new ?
    note that RED has stated warranty will be 1 year not 6 months ...

http://www.red.com/static_pages/terms

5a. Standard Warranty – A Standard Warranty is granted to the original purchaser for a period of six (6) months, parts and labor, for the camera and camera accessories excluding Digital Media and Batteries

5c. Red Re-Certified Product Warranty – Product that is not possessed by the original Buyer may be sent to an Authorized Red Service Center for an evaluation fee of $500. Red will provide a quotation for the re-certification of the product to existing Red product specifications at time of repair. The Customer is responsible for all costs associated with such re-certification, such as troubleshooting, diagnosis, repair, test, calibration, and shipping costs. Upon completion of re-certification, customer may be offered a Red Re-Certified Product Warranty for an additional cost.

“Customer” is defined as an entity who obtained Red product by other means than directly from Red.

A Red Re-Certified Product Warranty is valid for a period of ninety (90) days for the camera and camera accessories after the warranty is accepted by the Customer. Red Re-Certified Product Warranty is not available for Digital Media and Batteries.

Thanks Donatello. Great to hear from you! This information clarifies a lot. I would think that Red might transfer a new warranty to a new owner if the camera is unused.

Looks like you're on the cusp of getting your RED?? Let me know when you're in town. and come by the new studio. We have 50 new processors/50gb ram in the render farm and 9 quad core compositing stations at work on multiple film and commercial VFX projects.