Thread: An Offer to Disgruntled Filmmakers Who Feel They Missed Out on a Cheap SCARLET....

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 An Offer to Disgruntled Filmmakers Who Feel They Missed Out on a Cheap SCARLET.... 
    So you have the Great American Movie you want to make. Only RED smashed your dream to smithereens by pricing SCARLET out of your reach.

This should not be a stopper. But let's just say that access to REDCODE, RAW, 4K+, and HDRx reallly do offer certain irreplaceable competitive advantages.

I have an EPIC. And I'm willing to donate it, my services, and the services of my studio to bring your dream to life.

You: have a finished script, a budget (you can now subtract camera and accessories purchase from that), a business plan, a realistic schedule, a crew, production insurance, a cast, and your locations secured. You also own a minimum of 8TB of hard drive space + enough hard drives to back up these 8TB x 2.

Me: I'm a good producer. I can shoot. I can wrangle your data. I know people who can elevate the quality of your film without breaking the bank. I have a goal, to make 3 feature films that I can be really proud of, before I turn 55 - that gives me seven years to fulfill my dream.

So for all of you disgruntled folks who feel like RED dumped on your dream by raising the price of the SCARLET, I'm offering you a trade.

Pitch me an awesome idea. Put together your package. If your film falls into the category of a feature film that I can really be proud of (be unique, intelligent, engaging - no Pulp Fiction/Res Dogs derivative wannabes, please)

...then we can probably work something out.

Making a good film is so much more than owning a camera. If you can do all those other things, pull a dream and a team together, I'll give you the camera and my full support to your endeavor. We can help each other make everyone's dreams come true.

Shoot me a PM if you are seriously obsessed with your vision and are serious about working your ass off to make a great film. I get pitched screenplay ideas constantly and the honest truth is most of them either a) suck or b) they can't be made on a true indie budget.

But here's hoping that one of these perfect projects by an earnest indie lands in the right place, certainly not impossible, I just helped to produce a small indie which was shot by a merry band of LA actors who rented a house in Estes Park, Colorado - they had a great script and a plan and they shot their film in 3 weeks. So I know good projects are out there, waiting for the good people behind them to find a helping hand.

This offer is primarily geared towards continental US but I'll consider Hawaii, Bhutan, and Australia!

Let's see who is out there....

I love truth stating humans : )
    ++ I make these:
    http://www.redheadwindscreens.com
    Custom Windscreens for Zoom, Tascam, Sony, & Olympus hand held audio recorders.
    ++ I ride these:

http://www.youtube.com/accidentalbroadcast
    Hopefully I don't kill myself before Scarlet comes out ;)

I love RED.

"I call, show your cards players"
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Beadle View Post
    "I call, show your cards players"
    kinda! except I mean it....

Meryem,

You could turn this project into a reality show or another project greenlight. :)

it's not a bad idea....project EPIC!

Way to put it out there Meryem!
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece
    Sigma Pro Primes and Video Production
    Justin at BLAREMedia dot net

THANK YOU!
    Jerrod Cordell
    A.L. Productions
    www.Angry-Leprechaun.com

How about a KickStarter Project? I'm good for $1000 toward the project if the swag is working on set as an assistant to Meryem. I'll bring my Epic as B-cam for good measure. Let's make the next Slum Dog happen!
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Meryem,

If you ever find what you've outlined above and if the script doesn't suck, I'll put up $10,000 for the talent!

Michael Zaletel
    Owner: Red One, Epic-M, Epic-X