Thread: I'll be the first to ask. . . Alchemy etc. update Cs5.5?

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by David McGavran View Post
    Since we are badass and all ;) We know have R3D's actually playing back nicely in LR4, just got that news today :) Next drop of LR4...

Cheers

Dave
    Dave - I got the Lightroom files installed, and AE and Premiere read R3D files perfectly so far.

1. What about AME? How do we get that updated?

2. Do you have an R3D with audio I can test? I've searched and asked on the main forums a number of times, but I've found no R3Ds with audio that REDCine-X can see?

3. I understand that RED's API does not include GPU support - and if it did, you'd immediately get that support in your products. Can you comment on REDs intentions for adding GPU support to their API? I've got a GTX-580 with a whole lot of cores that are getting wasted.

Even on the RC (http://www.fxguide.com/podcasts/) they've mentioned that software debayering is slightly superior to the REDRockets - so I imagine a software debayer that used CUDA would have a lot of advantages.

I have a Scarlet on order, and even if they reduced the price on the REDRocket, I don't have enough PCIe slots. The studios will always want 5 REDRockets in a box to get better than real-time, but for many - cost and slot availability constraints make that impossible. RED could expand their customer base if they provided GPU debayering - and those folks would no doubt take the money they saved on a REDRocket (that allowed them to buy the Scarlet in the first place) and buy some other RED addition at a later time.

Anything that makes the entry price lower gets more people using REDs and more money for RED in the long term.

Thanks!

BTW - really appreciate the support you've supplied on this forum!!!
    Last edited by Les C.; 02-05-2012 at 08:57 AM.

AME hack would be very similar to the PPro hack. Betting you can figure it out ;)

R3D's with audio are around. The ones I have we made and they are pretty big.

As for as GPU's it is tricky. I won't speak for RED as to what their intentions are but the wavelet compression is not a perfect fit for current GPU's. There are improvements to be made and such but the partial res decodes are pretty damn good and all us to split the cpu to be used for decode and the GPU to be used for effects. Keeps the whole system busy.

Cheers

Dave
    Trying to make Adobe the best software for RED footage!

Couldn't get this to work with Epic footage on a mac. Anyone else have a work around?

4. #54 Sound with PP and Epic 
    I followed your suggestion and I now have sound in Premier Pro and I get sound in the output file I created!!!
    Thank you SO much!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rory M View Post
    Thanks so much for the info Maz.
    I have got the same thing working on my Mac.

I will just add the paths in for the Mac users out there, other than that follow the steps above:

ImporterRED.prm = ImporterRED.bundle
    ImporterREDServer.exe = ImporterREDServer.app

Location in Premier Pro CS5.5

Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5/Contents/Plug-ins/Common/mporterRED.bundle
    Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5/Contents/ImporterREDServer.app

Location in Premier Pro CS5.5
    Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4/Contents/support/DynamicLinkMediaServer/application/dynamiclinkmediaserver/contents/Plug-ins/Common/mporterRED.bundle
    Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4/Contents/support/DynamicLinkMediaServer/application/dynamiclinkmediaserver/ImporterREDServer.app

I can't find the ImporterRED.bundle file from LR4. Any suggestions? I just downloaded it. I really need sound on PP CS5.5 asap

If your'e on mac you have to right click and choose to look inside the program package.
    Epic #06696

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Patterson View Post
    I couldn't get it to work on my Mac either with Scarlet footage.
    Same here. No sound after hack on mac with Scarlet audio.
    Epic #06696

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    If your'e on mac you have to right click and choose to look inside the program package.

Yes I followed all the instructions and found this: Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4/Contents/support/DynamicLinkMediaServer/application/dynamiclinkmediaserver/ImporterREDServer.app

but not this
    Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4/Contents/support/DynamicLinkMediaServer/application/dynamiclinkmediaserver/contents/Plug-ins/Common/mporterRED.bundle

But not this

If anyone wants some very small Epic files with audio to test this out, I uploaded two 5K clips at this link:

www.mitchmartinez.com/epic
    Mitch Martinez
    My show reel: http://vimeo.com/23375861
    Epic-X# 1910
    RPP 18,25,35,50,85,100
    Lomo 18,28,35,50,75,150

"We are men of action, lies do not become us" - The Princess Bride

Also, I tried the hack on my Windows 7 system and I still can't get audio to work. I have picture but I only hear static.

I verified that the audio is there in-camera, camera playback and RedCine-X - but it's not working with CS5.5 for me. I'll keep digging around the forum...
    Mitch Martinez
    My show reel: http://vimeo.com/23375861
    Epic-X# 1910
    RPP 18,25,35,50,85,100
    Lomo 18,28,35,50,75,150

"We are men of action, lies do not become us" - The Princess Bride