Thread: Scarlet Buying Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey Lee Coffey View Post
    I recommend Dewitt Stern for insurance. They have very good deals on equipment coverage... I've been using them for years.
    Thanks for posting a recommendation. Does anyone else have any recommendations for insurance?

One thing that is really intimidating right now for me is looking at all of the accessories and rail components, etc., in the Red Store. It is really overwhelming. I'm a novice, and trying to figure out even something as basic as what I'm going to need to attach a Scarlet to my tripod head is something I'm not sure I have much of a clue on at this point. I hope that Red (or someone) someone provides some advice for novices somewhere this evening as people are ordering stuff.

So, if anyone has any suggestions for what will be necessary for that, please shout out!

Steve,

Thanks a ton! Lots to learn in here. I've bookmarked the thread to reference back to.
    Writing in Motion.

EPIC Dragon 4078

thanks! that was great, it really puts the kind of responsibility this quality of a camera in perspective. I'm just hoping that there is a cheep cheep option so that after a few more jobs i can join the revolution!

I'm in a need of last minute wisdom.
    What is as minimum required to offload media into computer?
    Is it enough to get only RED Station REDMAG 1.8" (or it turns out RED Station CF )?
    Or do I also need RED station Base?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrik Kisucky View Post
    Steve, Thank You so much not only for your great posts, but also for your great attitude towards the first time RED owners, and willingness to help. It makes it even better, to invest in RED, because of the combination of their products and because of people like you! I hope I'll get to meet you soon.
    +1 Here! Here! Excellent post Steve