Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Premiere and Epic Audio

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    for now i'm just running a digital audio recorder--the Zoom. Yep not too beautiful, but you'd be surprised how well it can do for Doco work Better than any onboard audio prosumer camera ive ever used. but then so easy to import audio to Premier.
    John Friday
    La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
    www.bajaproductions.com

EPIC M & 2X for 3d & Deep Epic Underwater Housing
    RED MX with SSD & Underwater Housing

Dave-
    how long till I can get my hands on this next gen EPIC PPRO importer WITH audio support??
    I could use it right about... now!
    ;)
    -CK

I hope Adobe/RED make the audio happen quickly in Premiere 5.5.

If Adobe can't make that happen in a timely basis, that certainly affects whether I want to use Premiere in the future.

The same thing could happen with 6.0 (an enhancement by RED would not be an unlikely event?), and waiting for 6.5 to fix it would not be acceptable.

And sadly, if I can't edit sound with the 5.5 I've already bought (with Scarlet's native file format), this affects my purchase decision for Scarlet. Very hard to evaluate Scarlet's audio if it doesn't work yet in Premiere.

Just found out that Vegas works fine with Epic R3Ds and their audio so if it happens to have it available you can export the audio channels from there and reimport them to PPro. It is hardly a workflow but it saved my ass yesterday on a very urgent job.
    Miltos
    www.pilalitos.com
    EPIC-X #418, RED-MX #1473

All I want for Xmas is audio support in Premiere.....pretty please Adobe....

Any update on this?

I've been very impressed with PPro and Adobe's presence here in the forums, but when Vegas beats them to the punch with Epic audio support, that raises some questions. I hope there is good news from Adobe soon...

What worries me is Adobe said that they would have timely updates from now on (was said at NAB) but I believe the EPIC plugin is still considered beta and there has been zero enhancement to it since it first came out. We all know that RED constantly improves and updates their tools (magic motion, alchemy etc..) is Adobe going to be able to keep up? or are we going to be stuck with once a year updates only...and always be behind? at this point I would be happy with just audio support...I can wait a little longer for the other stuff...
    And yes it is worrisome that Vegas is able to beat them to it... :-/
    Please Adobe don't become like Apple.....

Maz,

I agree with you. There was a flurry of activity a while ago from Adobe, but now it's all slowed down. This could start to look like they got a bunch of us FCP guys to switch over, took the money, and now they are taking their sweet time. Not sayin' for sure, just wondering.

Tim Eaton

A work around that I am using today is to export the audio separate with RedCine X and then link them to the audio files in PP.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ibbitson View Post
    Hi Raul,

You can select BWF as an export target and export camera audio.

Cheers,
    David