Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Premiere and Epic Audio

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Eaton View Post
    Respectfully Dave, I wouldn't say that functional audio qualifies as "being right out front," or "next major release." I would say it's basic functionality for a professional app. I would say that since Adobe gave a presentation at the recent Reducation event extolling the virtues of Premiere with Epic, Epic audio should work. I would say that since I spent $900 to switch over to Premiere, Epic audio should work. I shouldn't have to purchase Lightroom to make Epic audio work. I shouldn't have to wait six months for the "fix." I shouldn't have to wait for the "next major release" to get this simple functionality. I'm not promoting any conspiracy theories, I just want the program to work. Fair enough?

Tim Eaton
    I agree with just about everything you are saying here.

But a note: I don't believe you have to purchase Lightroom for the fix to work, you only have to download a demo. Yes, it's a PIA, but it's a free PIA.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Portland, ME; Boston, MA
    EPIC-M #1053

Quote Originally Posted by D Fuller View Post
    I agree with just about everything you are saying here.

But a note: I don't believe you have to purchase Lightroom for the fix to work, you only have to download a demo. Yes, it's a PIA, but it's a free PIA.
    Thanks for the support and the heads up David. What happens when the Lightroom trial expires? Does audio quit working?

Tim

Adobe, please don't turn into Apple... ;)
    We need more timely updates...especially with Red constantly updating and improving their stuff. you made a bold a statement early on by saying you wanted Adobe to become the best RED workflow solution... Then please find a way to keep up with their development...I understand it takes a while to get a production ready software to be released...but at least give us more beta plugins that we can try at our own risk. You got a lot of us to switch from FCP to Premiere and that is great...but please don't become like FCP by taking for ever to update some basic functionalities.
    I watched the web seminar and it was kinda sad to see all those options in Redcine and having the Adobe rep said that none of those functions are yet available in Premiere and that there was no ETA on when they will be available...
    Audio support, alchemy, HDRX magic motion are all available now in Redcine...and soon the very important Redcolor3/redgama3... I certainly hope we don't have to wait a year to get those options because by then there will be redcolor 4, HDRX fusion etc... ;)
    Now it sounds like I am being negative but we are only frustrated because Premiere has been awesome to work with, and the performance has been phenomenal!...so of course we keep hoping for more and more because we know you can deliver this to us! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Maz Mawlawi View Post
    Adobe, please don't turn into Apple... ;)
    We need more timely updates...especially with Red constantly updating and improving their stuff. you made a bold a statement early on by saying you wanted Adobe to become the best RED workflow solution... Then please find a way to keep up with their development...I understand it takes a while to get a production ready software to be released...but at least give us more beta plugins that we can try at our own risk. You got a lot of us to switch from FCP to Premiere and that is great...but please don't become like FCP by taking for ever to update some basic functionalities.
    I watched the web seminar and it was kinda sad to see all those options in Redcine and having the Adobe rep said that none of those functions are yet available in Premiere and that there was no ETA on when they will be available...
    Audio support, alchemy, HDRX magic motion are all available now in Redcine...and soon the very important Redcolor3/redgama3... I certainly hope we don't have to wait a year to get those options because by then there will be redcolor 4, HDRX fusion etc... ;)
    Now it sounds like I am being negative but we are only frustrated because Premiere has been awesome to work with, and the performance has been phenomenal!...so of course we keep hoping for more and more because we know you can deliver this to us! :)
    We are not turning into apple trust me :) We are working our butts off on a ton of cool stuff. It is never easy to spin out fast releases and we have to make hard choices. We know about Magic Motion being needed and Epic Audio. I talked with Rob multiple times this month and had lunch with him once. (he also is fighting for you guys btw, and pushing us to get releases out) Alchemy is not yet avail to non Red software yet and Red Color 3 and Gamma 3 aren't out yet. So basically we dropped the ball on Epic Audio, yes we know. I posted the hack to get you guys going and we are actively working on the situation. Keeping up with Red is really hard when we are also trying to keep our schedules :) Those boys are fast! I am still here answering questions and I can promise you we are doing our best.

Cheers

Dave
    (slight side note, when we supported the Epic Release the camera itself didn't support audio that is the only reason our first release shipped without audio)
    Trying to make Adobe the best software for RED footage!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Eaton View Post
    Thanks for the support and the heads up David. What happens when the Lightroom trial expires? Does audio quit working?

Tim
    nope you are fine...

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!
    You do realize the better your software gets the more demanding we become... it's meant as a compliment as we are becoming accustomed to high quality software from Adobe and thus always expecting better and better stuff from you guys... =)

I tried the hack several times. I spent many hours researching on RedUser and the Adobe forum. At the end of the day, I still don't have working audio with CS5.5

My workaround is to export BWF audio via RedCine-X for all files and line them up in Premiere. Until then, I'm giving up on native audio until CS6 is released unless I read about an official fix in CS5.5.3 or 5.5.4 or something like that.
    Mitch Martinez
    My show reel: http://vimeo.com/23375861
    Epic-X# 1910
    RPP 18,25,35,50,85,100
    Lomo 18,28,35,50,75,150

"We are men of action, lies do not become us" - The Princess Bride

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Martinez View Post
    I tried the hack several times. I spent many hours researching on RedUser and the Adobe forum. At the end of the day, I still don't have working audio with CS5.5
    Ditto. Couldn't get it working.

I got the fix from the Epic Red importer page dated 3/21/2012 and installed per instructions. http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/redepic_importer.html
    All I get is white noise, no audio even though Redcine-X plays the audio okay from Scarlet.
    Ron Michael
    Altruism Media

There is a fix in this thread if you read back through it..

Cheers

Dave