Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Premiere and Epic Audio

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Premiere and Epic Audio 
    I bought CS 5.5. Playing R3D files natively is very cool. However, lack of Epic audio is very uncool. In the meantime, what is the simplest way to export audio only from Redcine X Pro? I tried the Avid AAF export with audio only, but ended up with wacky text files instead of AAFs. Am I doing something wrong? Adobe - when might we see audio for Epic.?

Thanks, Tim Eaton

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    You actually want to use the MXF files when you export Audio Only using Avid AAF. They sound great. Only problem I'm having is that the length of the audio clip that it generates is about 20 times longer than the actual clip. But you just cut off the extra after the end of the clip once you line them up in Premier and you're good to go.

It's a stupid workaround. For now it'll have to do....
    -------------
    Epic-X #105 DRAGON
    Movi M15 Package
    My Reel, Gear List & Rates

Thanks - I'll try it Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Eaton View Post
    I bought CS 5.5. Playing R3D files natively is very cool. However, lack of Epic audio is very uncool. In the meantime, what is the simplest way to export audio only from Redcine X Pro? I tried the Avid AAF export with audio only, but ended up with wacky text files instead of AAFs. Am I doing something wrong? Adobe - when might we see audio for Epic.?

Thanks, Tim Eaton
    Ha, we keep getting dinged on that but Epic's didn't have audio when we released our support :) We know we need to get you guys a release with audio.

CHeers

Dave
    Trying to make Adobe the best software for RED footage!

I am all about Adobe. Love the Vegas' GUI, nothing like it out there, but I also love what Adobe is doing. However, it is a real shame that a small patch couldn't be released in between versions to add audio support. Hopefully we'll see some fancy/major audio update that will make us feel there was a reason for the delay... But till then, and if that isn't the case, it really sucks that there was no quick-fix patch to add audio support in between releases.
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lequeux View Post
    I am all about Adobe. Love the Vegas' GUI, nothing like it out there, but I also love what Adobe is doing. However, it is a real shame that a small patch couldn't be released in between versions to add audio support. Hopefully we'll see some fancy/major audio update that will make us feel there was a reason for the delay... But till then, and if that isn't the case, it really sucks that there was no quick-fix patch to add audio support in between releases.
    Couldn't agree more Roberto. Adobe has spent a lot of time and money promoting "The Switch," but apparently not as much time and money making Premiere work for an important segment of their users. I wouldn't be quite as worked up about this if they hadn't had a significant presence here on Reduser extolling the virtues of Premiere. So I spring the $900 for CS5.5 only to find out that audio doesn't work. You've got to be kidding.

Then I thought surely there would be a quick fix. Months later, still waiting ... sound of crickets chirping.

Understood David. I've got the MXF files working (thanks Jonathan), but essentially that's a pretty kludgy workaround which negates a lot of the ease of using the R3D files natively. I know you guys are working on it. Thx.

Any news on the audio?

Currently i'm using cs5 wich doesn't seem to support Epic files at all.
    So i might need to upgrade to CS5.5 when we get a Scarlet. Does audio work by now on Windows Premiere CS5.5 ?

No, currently CS5.5 does not support audio for Epic 5K footage. Please Adobe - I plunked down the "switch" price. Now let's make it fully functional.

Tim Eaton

Senior Member Christopher Barrett's Avatar
    Mathias, CS 5 and 5.5 both support Epic (no audio) but you have to install the Epic importer

If you upgrade from 5 to 5.5, the upgrade won't have the importer in place, you will have to install it again.

Cheers,
    CB

I DP'd the hell out of that shit.
    The Website