2) High frame rate footage likes a LOT of light
Why do you recommend this, it has been known since the beginning of cinema?(joke, but about common knowlegde)
1. There is no audio in the HDSDI output. This is HUGE is you plan to capture sound in camera and record proxy to a teradek, aja kpro, PIX 240, etc.
2. Occasionally get a split line on the monitor or EVF, where the image "breaks" and needs a restart to clear it.
3. Range on Redmote is tricky
4. No Phantom Power on Audio Jacks... yet?
All that said. LOVE this thing,
Okay, got my Epic this morning and cannot get it to hiccup at all. Every boot successful (10
Second average) did a series of long takes, each between 60 and 100 minutes with 100% success, and a series of HDR and high speed tests.
Again, not a single fault to report, this thing is solid and the kinks worked out.
In fact I only noticed two things:
1 the touchscreen isn't always responsive, but I have felt that way about every touchscreen ever, including my iPhone and iPad.
2. I don't get a time remaining when using Red Bricks with the belt pack, but this appears to be the case with many users so maybe it's not supposed to yet. Will try again tomorrow using the Red Cradle.
Extremely impressed with how robust it is. Absolute joy!
I had an issue today where the camera would freeze. Timecode wouldn't roll and the tally turned yellow. We were shooting 23.976, 5K, 2.4.1 Aspect. Anyone ever had this happen? I must admit we are on a version old firmware... I cleared the camera settings and that seemed to do the trick. I am hoping everything is okay with my camera.
This has happened with us a few times...all we did was a force quit/power down and up again and it went away. Completely arbitrary. There has been a LCD screen freeze issue but that was addressed in the last firmware upgrade.
I think that is the issue. I just need to upgrade that when it comes back in.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|