Thread: Portland, Oregon?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Hi Shawn, My son TJj cell 206 427 1116 who is a camera asst. steadicam op remote head op and union grip electric is moving to Portland this month. Our RED will also be available through him in Portland. He is pretty qualified as a 1st asst. with good credits see IMDB TJ William jr. and also computer RED work flow knowledgeable. so good dit. Hope that is another resource for you all down there in movie heaven land.....why is our gov. such a doof.
    All The Best to you all
    TJ
    TJ
    www.camera-person.com

TJ Williams
    Seattle WA USA
    206 769 8585
    RED1, 4K Sony HD (HDCam) Panasonic HD
    Operator Dp, Videographer
    Steadicam Camera Crane Aerial mount
    www.camera-person.com

Is there a user group for this yet? I can't seem to find it. Reason being on Tuesday, I'm doing a 3 camera shoot (non-red). And am looking to see if anyone knows where I can get rent/borrow a small dolly or crane for some indoor shots at night. Anyone have some ideas?

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Brown View Post
    Is there a user group for this yet? I can't seem to find it. Reason being on Tuesday, I'm doing a 3 camera shoot (non-red). And am looking to see if anyone knows where I can get rent/borrow a small dolly or crane for some indoor shots at night. Anyone have some ideas?

-Josh
    I have a killer $2500 Kessler Crane w Kpod system for Rent with Ikan Monitor

cant do freebies... as its
    Normally 100/day... but id let you have it for $100 for 3 days... 4ft 8 ft and 12 ft lengths... super easy to use and set up... let me know.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    I have a killer $2500 Kessler Crane w Kpod system for Rent with Ikan Monitor

cant do freebies... as its
    Normally 100/day... but id let you have it for $100 for 3 days... 4ft 8 ft and 12 ft lengths... super easy to use and set up... let me know.
    Dude, that sounds like an amazing deal, does it have the manual tilt/pan head? I'll talk to the man with the money right now. Any chance you have a dolly for the kPod too?

-Josh

Hey Josh,.. I try to help when I can... its a manual tilt head... but when balanced
    that rig can be handled with one finger... I might be able to help operate it/set it up depending on the night...

it does not have a dolly, but has dolly wheels for track... :) its nice and heavy with weights and all, so it tracks pretty smoothly... but its usually a two person operation...

however, I Do NOT have track... but its pretty cheap to rent.. unless its a long run... then PVC may be an option...

however, if you have enough room... I find the 8 and 12 foot replaces a dolly because you can track people walking quite a decent distance with it and no bumps... how far is the move? also has multiple wheels for different terrains as well as spikes for outside.

email me for my phone number or tfw (at) indentstudios (dot) com lets chat.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    Hey Josh,.. I try to help when I can... its a manual tilt head... but when balanced
    that rig can be handled with one finger... I might be able to help operate it/set it up depending on the night...

it does not have a dolly, but has dolly wheels for track... :) its nice and heavy with weights and all, so it tracks pretty smoothly... but its usually a two person operation...

however, I Do NOT have track... but its pretty cheap to rent.. unless its a long run... then PVC may be an option...

however, if you have enough room... I find the 8 and 12 foot replaces a dolly because you can track people walking quite a decent distance with it and no bumps... how far is the move? also has multiple wheels for different terrains as well as spikes for outside.

email me for my phone number or tfw (at) indentstudios (dot) com lets chat.
    Sent, Thank you.

-Josh

Say, I thought this was a thread about Portland RED users?
    I'm one, (or I'd like to be) so if it's not there already, please
    add my name to your list Shawn.

Looking forward to more beers and camera geekery.

-Tom

Right, SO I couldn't actually find an actual group or anything, so I went ahead and created it. Don't know if it'll help, but it's there if we need it. Please join up if your in oregon. Might make finding people easier.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/group.php?groupid=9

-Josh

if newbies can join, add me to the list. i'll not be getting the baby scarlet until...well, you know. doing all the research/scoping out now though, and want to check it out with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by tari donohue View Post
    if newbies can join, add me to the list. i'll not be getting the baby scarlet until...well, you know. doing all the research/scoping out now though, and want to check it out with the best.
    I'm a 3D graphics artist living in Portland, OR (I do CG animations/visual effects for The History Channel, Discovery, National Geographic, etc.) and I'd love to talk to some local RED users and get some insights into the camera and workflow.

Feel free to email me at jonbell (at) esedona.net. Thanks!