Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Michael Bravin Charged with email hacking!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Michael Bravin Charged with email hacking! 
    Just got this email, unbelievable

United States District Court # CR 11 00807

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs MICHAEL BRAVIN

"While an officer of Arri Camera, Michael Bravin admitted that he intentionally accessed the computer used in interstate commerce belonging to Band Pro in violation of the law." He pleaded guilty today to criminal charges in Federal Court. Emails from several industry companies were included in the hacked files.

"On or about January 19, 2010, in Los Angeles County, California, defendant intentionally accessed the computer used in interstate commerce belonging to Band Pro Film & Digital, Inc. ("Band Pro"), without authorization, and obtained information from that computer. Defendant obtained the user name and password for the Band Pro email account for Amnon Band, President and Chief Executive Officer of Band Pro, during defendant's employment with Band Pro. Defendant resigned from Band Pro in December 2009, and began to work for another company. After resigning from Band Pro, from approximately December 2009, through June 2010, including on January 19, 2010, defendant accessed, without authorization, Amnon Band's email account and thereby read Band's emails. The total loss to Band Pro from defendant's unauthorized accesses totaled at least $5,001."

This is REDUser. The person mentioned in the post above has absolutely nothing to do with RED or their products. Please don't use REDUser to post propaganda or gossip.
    Tony Lorentzen, Kinema Follow me on Twitter: kinemadk
    Freelance RED Tech, DIT & Workflow wizard, Partner in VBag, Owner of RED EPIC-X #420

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lorentzen View Post
    This is REDUser. The person mentioned in the post above has absolutely nothing to do with RED or their products. Please don't use REDUser to post propaganda or gossip.
    This is not Gossip Tony. This is a real Federal Case and Bravin is a member of this forum. The plea also mentions other Companies that were hacked, I would wonder if Red was affected.

Really guys? You think the United States of America is spreading rumors?

Here is the case:

http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/CACD/PI...5?OpenDocument

Banned
    Just a general comment:

The world has gone crazy with suing one another. Why not just sit down over a beer and work out the issues?
    I'm not familiar with this matter but, on the surface, it looks to me like the type of BS that could be easily worked out between mates without much fuss.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    My attorney informed me that my personal emails were apparently hacked. Unfortunately, this will get messy. Not what anyone would vote for. Certainly not me.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    My attorney informed me that my personal emails were hacked. Unfortunately, this will get messy. Not what anyone would vote for. Certainly not me.

Jim
    Yikes... So much for playing fair.

My attorney informed me that my personal emails were apparently hacked. Unfortunately, this will get messy. Not what anyone would vote for. Certainly not me.

Jim
    Sad to hear that Jim. It's a shame when people resort to this kind of behaviour.
    KINOTRIGGER
    Feature Films, Fashion Films, Photography, S3D, Pre/Post/Production.

VIMEO YOUTUBE TWITTER

Jim
    Urgh. Sorry to hear that Jim.

Deadline.com apparently picked up the story, too: http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/indu...ile-with-arri/

Let's not debate this on a forum dedicated to and for RED and it's users/products. Let's keep it clean and sober.
    Tony Lorentzen, Kinema Follow me on Twitter: kinemadk
    Freelance RED Tech, DIT & Workflow wizard, Partner in VBag, Owner of RED EPIC-X #420

wow :(