Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Projector...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Its time to say goodbye to my good old Epson TW-5500! Still have my real3d glasses from reds 3d presentation at ibc2011. Will I be able to use them or do we need some kind of "laser-glasses"?

I am glad my 2nd Epic is coming soon, now I just need a good 3D rig it seems.
    RED EPIC-X DRAGON #250, EPIC-M DRAGON #646, EPIC-X DRAGON #7139, Scarlet Dragon-X #4919, RED ONE #476 MX "MOTHER"
    Commercials | Live | Concerts | Corporate | RED rentals
    Red Pro Primes T1.8: 18,25,35,50,85,100 (all metric), red CF zoom 18-50 T3 (imperial), Red Pro Zoom 17-50mm T2.9 (m), Red zoom 50-150 T3 (m) + 300mm T2.8 (i)
    Leica Summilux-C series on order.
    www.groovyentertainment.com/english/

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Al-Masab View Post
    I guess RED is using a 2k DLP chip now and waiting for Texas instruments 4k chips to become more readily available and options. maybe in the CES 2012
    Forget not that RED didn't wait for someone else to create the chips inside the world most advanced cinema camera.

Me thinks Jannard and Co might have the resources to do something similar for the other end of our workflow... ;)
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Scheffers View Post
    ... those 20 meter HDMI cables through our homes. Give it a wired option too, I have CAT5 all through my house, but long HDMI cables are... just wrong.
    I'm afraid that neither HDMI nor CAT5 can support the data-rate required to transfer 4K material, unless heavily compressed.
    Much less a wireless solution.

We need new cable standards. Perhaps DisplayPort v1.3 could deliver...
    "Don't under-estimate the amateur photographer. The latest HW & SW empower him to achieve results just as good as yours".
    Nothing beats a Master Prime!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 24GB RAM, i5-3570K, Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64, Dell U2713H 27" 10bit @ 2560x1440@60Hz (via miniDP).

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We have a very narrow target.... shoot 5K, post to 4K, deliver with REDray and display with the new RED projector, 2D and 3D. Easy stuff to understand.

Jim
    That is not only really smart. It's going to be very hard to compete with...

I actually do not care what the other guys do. RED is where I have invested my $ an intellecual horsepower and spare time to help people. Along with many others who understand how big all of this is.
    "Fantastic!"
    Battistella

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    "After watching a demo of RED's laser projector I've been struggling to find a way to describe it. Comparing it to traditional professional systems is completely inadequate. I have never witnessed 3D that was as bright or brighter as the best 2D projections until now. It generated the best color, best dynamic range and best images I have ever seen in 3D or even 2D. When I learned we were watching at 1/4 of its total resolution I was speechless.

It was so clean and so vibrant the only thing I can compare it to is Cibachrome. That's it, a giant moving Cibachrome!""

Stephen Pizzo- Co-Founder of Element Technica and now partner of 3ality Technica.

Jim
    ... love, love, LOVE this ... (!)

... and the post before this !!! ... ;-) ... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    I'm afraid that neither HDMI nor CAT5 can support the data-rate required to transfer 4K material, unless heavily compressed.
    Much less a wireless solution.

We need new cable standards. Perhaps DisplayPort v1.3 could deliver...
    Yup. That's why I said redcode streaming box. Might cost a bit more than a cable, come to think of it... might not be good commercial product - oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Sadly I assume this isn't an announcement as defined in "we only announce things we're ready to ship"?
    I never believed he would have the discipline of NOT spilling beans...
    I suspect its just way too much fun.

RED really teaches one to understand the true meaning of patience.
    Now off to play with epics to make some 3D for that projector...
    Jonas

Showreel

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyFlores View Post
    This is fantastic news about it being "sooner" rather than later. Seeing Tattoo at NAB and then the reel on 40 ft screen was an almost religious experience.

I'm hoping 4k content gets out to consumers faster than Blu Ray first did. Time will tell, and I'm sure Red will do it's part :)
    Hopefully this push for 4k in the home gets the studios off their butts and they start putting out 4k material theatrically that ends up in our homes as the same resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Wright View Post
    Hopefully this push for 4k in the home gets the studios off their butts and they start putting out 4k material theatrically.
    +1 for that!!
    "Don't under-estimate the amateur photographer. The latest HW & SW empower him to achieve results just as good as yours".
    Nothing beats a Master Prime!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 24GB RAM, i5-3570K, Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64, Dell U2713H 27" 10bit @ 2560x1440@60Hz (via miniDP).