Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Projector...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    What are the differences from the Theater and home versions?
    or are they the same in terms of quality but the home versions with lesser power and no special theater needs?
    EPIC-X #2046 "Christopher"
    SCARLET-X #999 "MONKEY"
    SCARLET-X #2304 "ARRI"
    Canon Lens Package 17-40mm f4 - 24mm f1.4 - 35mm f1.4 - 50mm f1.2 - 85mm f1.2 - 135mm f2 - 180mm f3.5 Macro - 300mm f4

Oh man, so excited to hear more about this from you guys! It's hard to believe that one company can push so many boundaries at once : )
    Brad Allen

mob: +61 411 350 829
    web: unravel.com.au
    Scarlet-X: #308

Now I know why I've put off buying a projector this long...
    Paul Kalbach

Epic Dragon #263, RedOne-MX #1693, RedOne-MX #10062

www.ArtichokePro.com
    www.RedZephyrCam.com

Just saw Mark Pederson's tweet too: "Just saw the future of digital cinema projection at RSH - OMG! Mind numbing 3D!!" and "I still can't believe what I saw at Red Studios Hollywood today. The new product is so amazing - I'm still in shock.". This is going to be good!
    Tony Lorentzen, Kinema Follow me on Twitter: kinemadk
    Freelance RED Tech, DIT & Workflow wizard, Partner in VBag, Owner of RED EPIC-X #420

I love how many posts in this thread make speculative statements use this logic: "It's a projector from RED? It must be __________."

I just have one serious question for you Jim,

That is, what does it feel like when something like this powers up for the first time, and you see that image projected for the very first time? I simply cannot imagine the emotion that must come over you...

I mean, even when people take delivery of their own EPIC, it seems to be one of the best days of their life. But to be the one who developed it... How does it feel?

Mr. Jannard,

I had a little argument with Art Feierman from projectorreviews.com
    I told him that for me, 1080p is really only good when stretched up to 55". For anything more than that, it requires a higher resolution projection to stay sharp and enjoyable.
    He argued that he could see more detail on 100" with 1080p material.
    I told him "sure, 100" screen will get you more immersed in the footage, but it looks rather blurry projected on this size."

My point is - I can't wait for better home theater projectors, and if RED is going to bring the rest of the industry to a fight, it means we consumers win.
    It seems there's a little confusion of what is considered 4K. 3840x2160 or 4096x2304. The CE world is settling on the former.
    Where does RED stand on this matter?
    "Don't under-estimate the amateur photographer. The latest HW & SW empower him to achieve results just as good as yours".
    Nothing beats a Master Prime!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 24GB RAM, i5-3570K, Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64, Dell U2713H 27" 10bit @ 2560x1440@60Hz (via miniDP).

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Humbling...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Aguirre View Post
    I just have one serious question for you Jim,

That is, what does it feel like when something like this powers up for the first time, and you see that image projected for the very first time? I simply cannot imagine the emotion that must come over you...

I mean, even when people take delivery of their own EPIC, it seems to be one of the best days of their life. But to be the one who developed it... How does it feel?
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I'm OK with either one. Both deliver roughly 4 times the resolution of 1080P.

BTW... we can easily see the difference between 1080P and 4K delivery on a 10' diagonal screen. On a 40' screen it is hugely significant.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    Mr. Jannard,

I had a little argument with Art Feierman from projectorreviews.com
    I told him that for me, 1080p is really only good when stretched up to 55". For anything more than that, it requires a higher resolution projection to stay sharp and enjoyable.
    He argued that he could see more detail on 100" with 1080p material.
    I told him "sure, 100" screen will get you more immersed in the footage, but it looks rather blurry projected on this size."

My point is - I can't wait for better home theater projectors, and if RED is going to bring the rest of the industry to a fight, it means we consumers win.
    It seems there's a little confusion of what is considered 4K. 3840x2160 or 4096x2304. The CE world is settling on the former.
    Where does RED stand on this matter?
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Incredible. I've been considering the recently announced 2000-lumen Sony VW-1000 4K 3D projector shipping in December, but this may take the cake...
    Peter Chang
    Director, Producer, Cinematographer, Stereographer
    Golden Gate 3D
    www.gg3d.com
    Twitter: @peterhchang | @GoldenGate3D