Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Projector...

Closed Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    The company I work for (Cinerent) is right now investing big money in transitioning our mobile projection booths to digital. We do Openair Cinema in a number of epic locations around the planet. Sadly it is going to be 2k and due to the difficult light spill situation needs to be a stacked configuration with two Christie units. Setting up stacks is a real PITA, especially mobile. I would love to see a RED laser projector being deployed, but we are running out of time, the Film distributors are phasing out Film this year or the next.
    A RED laser projector sounds perfect for our application, lots of light output which makes stacking unnecessary, no expensive bulb changes and 4k ready. But once this beast becomes available the backorder situation might be even more severe than with Epic and Scarlet. There are a LOT of theaters that would love to be your customers.
    Anyone care to comment/spill some beans regarding the manufacturing capability side of this projector business?

I can't comment on REDs manufacturing or delivery situation, but my question is, will this projector be DCI compliant regarding DRM ?
    I wonder which market this device is aimed for - does it include commercial theatres ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Schult View Post
    I can't comment on REDs manufacturing or delivery situation, but my question is, will this projector be DCI compliant regarding DRM ?
    I wonder which market this device is aimed for - does it include commercial theatres ?
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a response on this... just too early for them to release that kind of info imho
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Very interesting piece in Daily Variety this week on the scramble to develop digital laser-driven 4K projectors for theaters. The big companies like Barco and Christie (and even Kodak) are saying it's still 2 years away. I'd love to see Red prove them wrong.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Let's get this out asap since isn't it next on The Roadmap . . . then we get Dragon, right?
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Schult View Post
    The answer is yes, from what has been said here. There is a professional-grade projector being designed for digital cinema installations and post-production work, followed by a consumer-grade projector for 4K home theater use.

7.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    Very interesting piece in Daily Variety this week on the scramble to develop digital laser-driven 4K projectors for theaters. The big companies like Barco and Christie (and even Kodak) are saying it's still 2 years away. I'd love to see Red prove them wrong.
    Already did... :)