Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Projector...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    So...we now know it's a projector based on laser technology. Interesting.
    I assume brightness is in the order of 10,000 lumens or so.
    "Don't under-estimate the amateur photographer. The latest HW & SW empower him to achieve results just as good as yours".
    Nothing beats a Master Prime!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 24GB RAM, i5-3570K, Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64, Dell U2713H 27" 10bit @ 2560x1440@60Hz (via miniDP).

I can't wait to see it!

As I wrestle day in an day out with a professional projector and mating server I can't tell you how excited I am to see RED's solution. This puppy cannot come soon enough... this just made my day.

Something I've always wondered about laser systems is whether or not they scan like the early DLP projectors. Is the laser just a clean light source or is it scanning several thousand times per second like an old-school CRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    "After watching a demo of RED's laser projector I've been struggling to find a way to describe it. Comparing it to traditional professional systems is completely inadequate. I have never witnessed 3D that was as bright or brighter as the best 2D projections until now. It generated the best color, best dynamic range and best images I have ever seen in 3D or even 2D. When I learned we were watching at 1/4 of its total resolution I was speechless."

Stephen Pizzo- Co-Founder of Element Technica and now partner of 3ality Technica.

Jim
    Jim,

I'll gladly offer my beta testing services anytime. Can't wait to see it with my own eyes. Hugo's got a new toy to play with :)

...is there a pic of this beast? ;)
    The Toll House. Coming 2014
    The Pixel Protocol LLC
    Scarlet-X "Newcastle" no: 00307

Is Nov. 3rd party with Scarlet announcement and the projector demo at Red Studios out of the question?

Imagine putting up a 40 foot screen, aiming that projector at it, and projecting a 4K 3D footage from the new RED Scarlet - on November 3rd !!
    Hehe....imagine the look on Canon's guys' faces.

Oh, forgot to mention that the new Scarlet is going to feature a Monstro sensor. There will be 2 versions - one for Scarlet, and another for the EPIC.
    Last edited by Eric Z; 09-21-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    "Don't under-estimate the amateur photographer. The latest HW & SW empower him to achieve results just as good as yours".
    Nothing beats a Master Prime!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 24GB RAM, i5-3570K, Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64, Dell U2713H 27" 10bit @ 2560x1440@60Hz (via miniDP).

great news Jim

Just hope I have enough cash to buy 1....even if it is just the home version
    Antonio "Pipas" Forjaz from Maputo, Mozambique
    EPIC DRAGON #943
    RED MX SSD #6340
    www.pipasforjaz.com
    www.mahlafilmes.com
    Apple Certified Pro FCP 6 REDucation MX edition completed

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Something I've always wondered about laser systems is whether or not they scan like the early DLP projectors. Is the laser just a clean light source or is it scanning several thousand times per second like an old-school CRT?
    Scanning, therefore variable resolution.
    Michel Hafner