Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Projector...

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Very cool! I want to be one of the first to own one in Portland. Tell us more and more please!

October is going to be a long month :( We are in the market for new cameras and I was about to jump on a new 3D projector. I guess I'll keep the CC in my wallet for a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We have a very narrow target.... shoot 5K, post to 4K, deliver with REDray and display with the new RED projector, 2D and 3D. Easy stuff to understand.

Jim
    Hi Jim,

Will the popular finishing system would provide finishing for REDRAY by the time the REDRAY is available?
    Kaku Ito

rawesome! Equipments
    RED Epic-M, RED Epic-x, RED ONE MX x2, RED ONE Mysterium, Allstar A-mount, Epic Canon Ti Mount, 1.8' SSD modules, RED PRO Prime Set (18 through 100mm), various Nikon and Zeiss Lenses, 17-55mm RED Pro Zoom, 18-85mm RED Pro Zoom, x2 RED ROCKET, Mobile Rocket, DaVinci Resolve, Cubix, GTX-285, Quadro 4000, few Mac Pros, few MacBook Pros, Sony BVM-D24, Panasonic 65 inch Series 12 plasma, Calman with Klein probe.

Rawesome! One Stop RAW Visual Production Service

Just let me know when it hits the RED store for purchase!

looking forward to seeing this first hand. I know that a projector with this level of definition and quality will certainly be welcomed by all in the entertainment biz but my clients in education especially medicine and engineering will be more willing to get into 3d demos at this level of quality.
    Brian Murphy
    Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto

Kinda thinking out loud here, but... I wonder if Jim's comment is something of a response to the info trickling out of Barco the past couple days. Two days ago, Barco announced they will be demonstrating their new laser projection engine in 3D, as well as their new 4K DLP system, on January 9, 2012.

I like the sound of "sooner rather than later". I'm kinda in the market for a projector. :)
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

This is all very, very exciting, for sure. But what about passive 3D's drawbacks, like the necessity of a polarization-retaining screen (which none of my current screens are) and the 50% loss of vertical resolution which affects passive 3D displays?

Having said that, I'm not entirely sure if the 50% loss applies to projection... I'm guessing it does, since LG's 1st gen passive 3D projector solved the problem by cramming two projectors inside one large chassis. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaku Ito View Post
    Hi Jim,

Will the popular finishing system would provide finishing for REDRAY by the time the REDRAY is available?
    I think you need a RED RAY Pro to make a RED RAY deliverable.

What I'm quite curious about is if the RED Projector and RED RAY will be capable of playing back 48fps video at 48fps (e.g. The Hobbit). According to the RED RAY specs page it is capable of 47.96 and 48fps at 2k. I can't wait to see what the current specs are and how this all comes together.
    Last edited by Brandon J.F.; 09-22-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    I'm afraid that neither HDMI nor CAT5 can support the data-rate required to transfer 4K material, unless heavily compressed.
    Depends on "heavily", I suppose. HDMI 1.4 supports 4096x2160/24fps at 24-36bit/pixel color depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We have a very narrow target.... shoot 5K, post to 4K, deliver with REDray and display with the new RED projector, 2D and 3D. Easy stuff to understand.

Jim
    The only thing really missing is an affordable 4K Monitor for color correction and editing. Projectors are fantastic but for everyday editing and correction a 30" + monitor would really help.
    With all the developments in 4K technology I was wondering why 4k monitors are taking so long to reach the market.
    At the moment there are only a handful of 4K monitors available and all of them cost a fortune.
    I guess the cost of producing the panels must be a major factor. Personally I would prefer a 4K monitor above any 3D 1080 panel.
    Looking at the range of monitors available from companies like Eizo, NEC, TV Logic, Sony, Flanders etc there seems to be a huge gap in the market for a
    high quality and reasonably priced 4K monitor for Digital and Print Media professionals.
    Still this is a fantastic development from Red and one that set the bar for others to follow.