Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Projector...

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    BTW... it is passive 3D. Active 3D just landed in the La Brea tar pits.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Oh. Lasers. Frickin' Lasers. For my HOME.

What's the Gamut? depending on the lasers could be a lot larger than what we're used to, especially in our homes. Greens and blues should be much more saturated and the contrast. Nothing should compare.

And lasers only need to be adjusted for trapezoid/skew. Nothing to focus, always tack sharp.

Bliss. Sooner, please, sooner.

Passive 3D that is as bright as the best 2D? Sooner, please....!!
    "Don't under-estimate the amateur photographer. The latest HW & SW empower him to achieve results just as good as yours".
    Nothing beats a Master Prime!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 24GB RAM, i5-3570K, Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64, Dell U2713H 27" 10bit @ 2560x1440@60Hz (via miniDP).

This is fantastic news about it being "sooner" rather than later. Seeing Tattoo at NAB and then the reel on 40 ft screen was an almost religious experience.

I'm hoping 4k content gets out to consumers faster than Blu Ray first did. Time will tell, and I'm sure Red will do it's part :)
    Anthony Flores
    Writer - Technologist

"Film is incredibly democratic and accessible, it’s probably the best option if you actually want to change the world, not just re-decorate it." - Banksy

Great NEWS!

Why not just announce everything now.

Why are you waiting for Canon and November 3rd?

You keep making announcements like this and no one will remember there is a Canon announcement. :)

David
    "Fantastic!"
    Battistella

This is even better than freakin' sharks with freakin' laser beams attached to their freakin' heads!

Senior Member Daniel Reichenbach's Avatar
    With all these crisis news every day arround the globe it's incredible refreshing to take a reduser shower every morning.
    Daniel Reichenbach
    Director/DOP

EPIC X 109

www.elementp.ch

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    We have a very narrow target.... shoot 5K, post to 4K, deliver with REDray and display with the new RED projector, 2D and 3D. Easy stuff to understand.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Hi Jannard

So can we calibrate it? Can we use it as a grade reference? Will it work with projector screens already out there or would it be some lazzzzer-proof screen?

EDIT: DCI compliant...?

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    "After watching a demo of RED's laser projector I've been struggling to find a way to describe it. Comparing it to traditional professional systems is completely inadequate. I have never witnessed 3D that was as bright or brighter as the best 2D projections until now. It generated the best color, best dynamic range and best images I have ever seen in 3D or even 2D. When I learned we were watching at 1/4 of its total resolution I was speechless.

It was so clean and so vibrant the only thing I can compare it to is Cibachrome. That's it, a giant moving Cibachrome!""

Stephen Pizzo- Co-Founder of Element Technica and now partner of 3ality Technica.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyFlores View Post
    I'm hoping 4k content gets out to consumers faster than Blu Ray first did. Time will tell, and I'm sure Red will do it's part :)
    The thing with laser projectors is you don't /have/ to drop your projection screen to get a reasonable result. That makes it a much more convenient home technology. If it is bright enough, you can throw it on to pretty much any (uneven) surface which is white-ish and not too reflective and you'll have a picture good enough to watch the evening news and a sitcom. That should help adoption too.

Jim, you really need to add a redcode wireless streaming box to your roadmap so we don't have to run those 20 meter HDMI cables through our homes. Give it a wired option too, I have CAT5 all through my house, but long HDMI cables are... just wrong.