Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Projector...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Sounds good. Will there be a home model though :)?

Is it compatible with regular screens like Stewart (also with holes), Screen Research (woven fabric) etc. or does it need a special screen for 2D, or 3D, both?
    Michel Hafner

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    "After watching a demo of RED's laser projector I've been struggling to find a way to describe it. Comparing it to traditional professional systems is completely inadequate. I have never witnessed 3D that was as bright or brighter as the best 2D projections until now. It generated the best color, best dynamic range and best images I have ever seen in 3D or even 2D. When I learned we were watching at 1/4 of its total resolution I was speechless.

It was so clean and so vibrant the only thing I can compare it to is Cibachrome. That's it, a giant moving Cibachrome!""

Stephen Pizzo- Co-Founder of Element Technica and now partner of 3ality Technica.

Jim

NOW... This is what I am talking about...;)

And all of a sudden the FUTURE of 3D looks... Well, BRIGHTER... ;)

Reading this makes me want to take a trip back to LA just to visit RED STUDIOS to see it for my self... ;)
    KETCH ROSSi F i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

"Sponsors" listed for full disclosure
    Maxx Digital | Schneider Kreuznach/Optics | BB&S | Miller | Blueshape | Inovativ | Trost | Bright Tangerine | Kessler | Village Blackout | Actionproducts

What an amazing road Map: RED Cameras and Lens to capture the images, RED SSDs to store the images, REDRAY to playback the images, and now a RED Laser Projector to Display the images.

RED quality and innovation from beginning to the end of the Digital Cinema Process. Quality taken to a new level at every stage and at the same time being more affordable then other solutions.

It really is mind blowing to hear about RED's roadmap.

Congratulations and thank you for the awesome work.
    One RED EPIC-M Package and 4 EPIC-Ms, One RED RED One MX #865X, REDLCD 5.6, RED, Red Pro Primes 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 100mm, Redrocket, Maxx Mobile Raid 8TB , Red matte box ,Red Rock Micro matt box, O'Conner 1030HDS, Nagra VI,

"After watching a demo of RED's laser projector I've been struggling to find a way to describe it. Comparing it to traditional professional systems is completely inadequate. I have never witnessed 3D that was as bright or brighter as the best 2D projections until now. It generated the best color, best dynamic range and best images I have ever seen in 3D or even 2D. When I learned we were watching at 1/4 of its total resolution I was speechless.

It was so clean and so vibrant the only thing I can compare it to is Cibachrome. That's it, a giant moving Cibachrome!""

Stephen Pizzo- Co-Founder of Element Technica and now partner of 3ality Technica.

Jim
    RED REVOLUTION .....
    Honesty is very expensive gift.Do not expect it from cheap people.

http://www.thrivemovement.com/

is it DLP based ?
    EPIC-X #2046 "Christopher"
    SCARLET-X #999 "MONKEY"
    SCARLET-X #2304 "ARRI"
    Canon Lens Package 17-40mm f4 - 24mm f1.4 - 35mm f1.4 - 50mm f1.2 - 85mm f1.2 - 135mm f2 - 180mm f3.5 Macro - 300mm f4

Jim
    Wow... Just WOW.

Okay, so this beauty has the best projected image compared to professional systems, it can do 2D and 3D projection, generates the best colour and dynamic range - and that's at 1/4 res!

Me thinks that this projector WILL be good enough to color grade on, so for the smaller guys here (like me), this is going to be a godsend. To be able to view dailies from EPIC at 4K, color grade at 4K and give final presentations to clients at 4K, for a cost that is in line with RED philosophy, is nothing short of groundbreaking.

Can you imagine if you could hook this baby up to a RED Rocket!

Bring it on Jim - its true then... You have our backs!

;-)
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist

YES! I was lucky to see Barco's first demo of their 2k laser projector at RED Studios Hollywood a few months back and that blew my mind. The whole time I couldn't help but think, just imagine this in 4k. And now you guys have done it!

You definitely feel like you are looking through a window with laser projectors: the brightness and clarity are just off the charts. I'm afraid a 4k laser projector might melt my face off!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Gentle View Post
    Sounds good. Will there be a home model though :)?
    I think Ted said at NAB when it was mentioned RED where working on this, that there would be a consumer level product and a professional version. (I think!). I guess its going to be like consumer and Pro for the REDRay.

:-)
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist

You guys HAVE been very busy, indeed. All the RED creations that have been incubating in the lab for years are now hitting all at once --perfect storm.

Someone grab a opener! I have a feeling that some big boys in the industry are about to have a big ol' can of whoop-ass opened up on them here in a minute. Fun times.....gotta love it :)