Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Made in the USA...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    When the war was over and Germany finally was defeated the allies invented "Made in Germany" to prevent people to buy goods from the former Nazi-Country. As we all know this malus turned quickly into a bonus.

In a globalised world it's so important that local roots are not sold to quick money. Here in Germany people still value the "Made in Germany" a lot. It great that you feel the same. "Made in USA", "Made in XYZ" shows that the the manufacturer is proud of hers/his work. Saying "Designed in XYZ" is a half-hearted statement.

Hans
    Hans von Sonntag
    www.hubbertvonsonntag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Stewart View Post
    Denizhan, if the Euro zone is riskier than ever, why is your country, Turkey, doing everything they can to get into it ? USA economy will probably recover, like Argentina recovered, but there will be a lot of left-overs... When I say that cinema business is a quite world, I was more referring to camera manufacturers in terms of quantity.

I am a Turkish American and I truly care for both countries.Turkey is NOT doing EVERYTHING to get in E.U and the reason why Turks want the E.U deal is to build bridges between EAST AND WEST....On the other hand if you want to ask such questions I advise you to enroll to a political forum Kristin...

U.S.A is the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE...
    Honesty is very expensive gift.Do not expect it from cheap people.

http://www.thrivemovement.com/

Not American, but love this. Red should be proud of what they do. This is also the image I like of America, a place of dreams, of achievements and of quality. Being proud of your origins is a key to be proud of what you do- it gives you a sense of responsability and pride beyond the simple economical aspect of the product. A Red camera is not merely a product made in USA. Its a product that is made by people that are proud that it is made in the USA. With this, may we be from Europe, Asia, Middle East, etc. we all end up winners, because this camera represents what's best from their manufacturers and their country.

Reds (Ones, M's and X's) are already being used in different countries and in different cultures. Its a tool that is being used by many filmmakers to tell their stories, tell their "worlds", in their unique, cultural way, reflecting also their own identities. Its a global world, indeed, the one we live in. Sometimes people end up confusing being proud of who they are with "fascism". That is so further from the truth. Loving who you are, where you come from and feeling a sense of belonging and identification with your fellow countrymen is preserving your own cultural richness. In this global world, were we share our culture, were more and more we learn about each other, its also good that we first understand and respect ourselves.

As a filmmaker I used a japanese camera to tell a very "Macanese" story http://www.vimeo.com/27187442 . I plan that my next Macanese story can be told with a proud, made in USA Scarlet S35 or Epic-S. This post assured me this camera will be done with the most care and attention to detail possible.

Go Red!
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

I agree with you Hans
    EPIC-X #2046 "Christopher"
    SCARLET-X #999 "MONKEY"
    SCARLET-X #2304 "ARRI"
    Canon Lens Package 17-40mm f4 - 24mm f1.4 - 35mm f1.4 - 50mm f1.2 - 85mm f1.2 - 135mm f2 - 180mm f3.5 Macro - 300mm f4

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Almost every Oakley sunglass is made at the Foothill Ranch factory. Millions of pairs. And sold around the world in almost every country. RED will be the same. While this is cross grain to the way many other companies do it... it is possible.

Jim
    Personally I own more then 10 pairs last 10 years, hehe...

We have started with the numbers you speak of... and expect to set in motion another 8 person team.

Put your helmets on. And get ready to send in your order. :-)

Jim
    My helmut is on as my X seem closer than ever. Thanks for keeping the majority of this camera's production on US soil. We need all the help we can muster.
    Frank Weeks
    www.digitalcinemasouth.com
    Epic-X and Red One MX

We have started with the numbers you speak of... and expect to set in motion another 8 person team.

Put your helmets on. And get ready to send in your order. :-)

Jim
    Ready....Launch....
    Honesty is very expensive gift.Do not expect it from cheap people.

http://www.thrivemovement.com/

Many companies say that their products "are designed in the USA." That is a hand job. Designing in the USA does create a few jobs, but that isn't enough. Most then send the designs to China for manufacturing.

Truly "Made in the USA" is what matters. That used to mean something. It does again today. At least we think so...

We are anxious and excited to create jobs here. We think we can compete by designing, engineering and manufacturing in the USA. That means performance and pricing.

90+% of EPIC is USA made. Even the boards are made in Silicone Valley. All assembly is being done at our factory in Irvine, CA. While we have nothing against China, almost nothing about EPIC has any parts made there. Only a handful of parts are made in Japan.

The future of our economy depends on Americans being productive. That means actually making things...

The very 1st EPIC-M (which went to Spiderman) took 8 people 12 hours to assemble. The 1st run had a 10% rate for "no re-work". That means that 90% had some sort of necessary re-work before it could be sent out.

Today... an EPIC-X gets assembled by an 8 person team in 13 minutes with a 96% "no re-work" percentage. And we are just getting started.

These are exciting times in a number of ways. The single best camera in the cinema industry was conceived of, designed, engineered, developed, and manufactured in the USA. Not Japan. Not Germany. Who would have thunk it?

Jim
    I wanted to say something profound, deep, heartfelt ... something grand.

Here is what I came up with:

"Your works speak for themselves.

Thank You."
    Alexander Ibrahim
    Director & DP
    editing/color correction/compositing/effects
    http://www.alexanderibrahim.net
    http://www.zenera.com

The whole thread is political, Denizhan. Being proud of building products in America is political, and I have nothing against it ;-)

Hans, yes you're right, Germans still value "Made in Germany", but Germany makes more money selling them outside Germany. They export a lot, which is their strength.

Where are the other parts made in ?
    Like LCD, BOMB, Accessories and cables....
    I think the red one was made in Singapore
    EPIC-X #2046 "Christopher"
    SCARLET-X #999 "MONKEY"
    SCARLET-X #2304 "ARRI"
    Canon Lens Package 17-40mm f4 - 24mm f1.4 - 35mm f1.4 - 50mm f1.2 - 85mm f1.2 - 135mm f2 - 180mm f3.5 Macro - 300mm f4