Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Made in the USA...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Made in the USA... 
    Many companies say that their products "are designed in the USA." That is a hand job. Designing in the USA does create a few jobs, but that isn't enough. Most then send the designs to China for manufacturing.

Truly "Made in the USA" is what matters. That used to mean something. It does again today. At least we think so...

We are anxious and excited to create jobs here. We think we can compete by designing, engineering and manufacturing in the USA. That means performance and pricing.

90+% of EPIC is USA made. Even the boards are made in Silicone Valley. All assembly is being done at our factory in Irvine, CA. While we have nothing against China, almost nothing about EPIC has any parts made there. Only a handful of parts are made in Japan.

The future of our economy depends on Americans being productive. That means actually making things...

The very 1st EPIC-M (which went to Spiderman) took 8 people 12 hours to assemble. The 1st run had a 10% rate for "no re-work". That means that 90% had some sort of necessary re-work before it could be sent out.

Today... an EPIC-X gets assembled by an 8 person team in 13 minutes with a 96% "no re-work" percentage. And we are just getting started.

These are exciting times in a number of ways. The single best camera in the cinema industry was conceived of, designed, engineered, developed, and manufactured in the USA. Not Japan. Not Germany. Who would have thunk it?

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

... And in this state of Economy of the USA this should count as double effort as well, CONGRATS jim!!
    F I L M M A K E R

Wow.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

+++ On this!

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Many companies say that their products "are designed in the USA." That is a hand job. Designing in the USA does create a few jobs, but that isn't enough. Most then send the designs to China for manufacturing.

Truly "Made in the USA" is what matters. That used to mean something. It does again today. At least we think so...

We are anxious and excited to create jobs here. We think we can compete by designing, engineering and manufacturing in the USA.

90+% of EPIC is USA made. Even the boards are made in Silicone Valley. All assembly is being done in Irvine, CA. While we have nothing against China, almost nothing about EPIC has any parts made there. Only a handful are made in Japan.

The future of our economy depends on Americans being productive. That means actually making things...

The very 1st EPIC-M (which went to Spiderman) took 8 people 12 hours to assemble. The 1st run had a 10% rate for "no re-work". That means that 90% had some sort of necessary re-work before it could be sent out.

Today... an EPIC-X gets assembled by an 8 person team in 13 minutes with a 96% "no re-work" percentage. And we are just getting started.

These are exciting times in a number of ways. The single best camera in the cinema industry was conceived of, designed, engineered, developed, and manufactured in the USA. Not Japan. Not Germany. Who would have thunk it?

Jim
    Manufacturing is essential to keep American Dream alive,I am tired of seeing made in china in every item ,this has to stop .

PROUDLY MADE IN USA...PROUDLY RED...
    Honesty is very expensive gift.Do not expect it from cheap people.

http://www.thrivemovement.com/

I couldn't agree more with everything said here. Made in America still means something, hopefully more and more in the coming years. 13 minutes! Should be more than a few Epics out in the world soon :)

Jim,

A friend came in to our facility to show us his Epic camera yesterday. It is a real gem, build quality is outstanding, it feels right in the hand. I don't need to tell you about the image quality which remains the very best from any camera. Truly a fantastic camera. Thanks for you all.

Dave

very Exciting Jim, VERY

13 minutes....that is something

Thanks so much for making this possible

wonder how many 8 person teams you have at RED assembling EPICS :)
    Antonio "Pipas" Forjaz from Maputo, Mozambique
    HELIUM S35 #1962
    GEMENI HELIUM W #7785
    Hydrogen Titanium H1T 0000684
    Hydrogen Aluminium H1B 0000593
    No longer have my RAVEN... SOLD IT
    No longer with me my RED MX SSD #6340
    www.pipasforjaz.com
    www.mahlafilmes.com
    Apple Certified Pro FCP 6
    REDucation MX edition completed

Of course, producing products in the USA will create jobs in the country. Unfortunately, the amount of cameras made is a drop in the sea, the cinema business being quite a small world indeed. And it won't solve the awful American debt. And don't forget that you need foreign clients to buy your American products, especially Chinese as this people will soon be the only ones to have money left. They're already paying for America ;-) And these foreign clients need a job to buy your products, even if most of them currently don't work and contract debts too ;-)

Wow thats incredible Jim! Very interesting, and another awesome thing about RED.
    CINEMATOGRAPHER | D.I.T. | CAMERA RENTAL
    Feel free to contact me with any questions, I enjoy problem solving and connecting people.

Email
    | t.augustinack@gmail.com

Twitter | TonyAugustinack
    Skype |tonyaugustinack
    EPIC-M #282 & EPIC-X #2238, Post Production Services and On set RED Rocket support.

-Tony