Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Made in the USA...

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Made in the USA 
    I would love to see Epic %100 made in the USA.
    Eugene Lehnert

Politics, chest-thumping and flag waving aside, what Jim has done with his company—manufacturing his products here—is deeply significant. The nation and its fundamental meaning has been built largely around the work of American hands—on farms, in the railroad, in factories and in the crucible of imagination that defines what a truly effective business is. And of course, American hands means immigrant hands, people from all over the world who came here seeking something better, generation after generation.

I already have two of his cameras and I’m in for a stage 3 Epic, and I guess I would be no matter where they were built, but this decision means a lot to me, particularly in these difficult times. Thank you, Jim for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    ... I'm happier still that RED gets their ideas and feedback from Redusers, Earth.
    wise words spoken!

you're on fire these days Jim.......good to see!!

This is a beautifully expressed sentiment Elsie, I agree wholeheartedly.
    I think it is a great thing that Jim has demonstrated the leadership to bring the high tech, high value manufacturing that RED does back to the US. As the world economy continues along a path to a grand realignment of relative power, is is important that the USA retains it's high standard of living. An economically strong and balanced United States, that is producing interesting well paying jobs is in all our interests. Happy Americans is a good thing : )

.........Ian Sun..........
    Anansi Moving Images

EPIC X 00498 Baby!!!
    MX RED ONE 1080
    p+++

....... T O R O N T O .......

I bought the Red One not knowing where it was made. And I would still be buying the Epic if it were made in some other place. But because I live at certain co-ordinates on a map that are within the boundaries of a county within a state that are also within the boundaries of a country... the United States, I feel a common bond with the people encased with me in these boundaries within boundaries. Thus, I am glad that my fellow occupants are reaping the financial benefits that Made In The USA imparts to the rest of us.

Yet on this forum, I also feel a common bond with Redusers forged by all things Red... Epic M, Epic X, Scarlet, Red Ray, and any other product branded with the Red Dot. Sure, sometimes we get a little snippy with one another, but when criticized or attacked unjustly, we pretty much have each other's back. And when reading one another's posts, I personally find that it is someone from a different country than the one I'm from that says something that corresponds to my viewpoint.

What I'm saying is, while I'm glad RED does its manufacturing in California, America, I'm happier still that RED gets their ideas and feedback from Redusers, Earth.
    I agree as well. Fabulous products are made worldwide, and regardless of where the products are made, we can assume they are made with the highest quality control because RED takes pride in their work, accessories, etc. I do feel that it is valuable and honorable for a US company to make products in the US if they can do so with good value and great outcome. If a company specifically outsources for lower cost labor and lower cost products, it is a disservice to the customer regardless of which country or region it is done. RED is a US company, therefore it is great they are offering US manufacturing, and unless there are technological flaws in doing so, and outsourcing would benefit by quality and not lower price, I am excited to see RED produce in the US. I just happen to be located in the US, but I would guess that Canadians would be excited to see their companies create Canadian jobs, other regions excited to see their homeland companies keep it at home, etc, etc.

The benefit the globe has, is it can purchase these products for use, but it brings great benefit to a nation if companies follow this guideline and help create jobs at home.
    Eric J
    Creative Director/Artist Group Agency
    Designer/CEO/cineZEN USA - www.cinezenusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The future of our economy depends on Americans being productive. That means actually making things...
    Finally, someone said it.

What RED is doing is the key for economic recovery. The jobs that they are creating don't just re-distribute new wealth, but actually creates it. This is the key to growth and recovery. Now if more leaders of industry and government would realize this...

Bruce Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
    Finally, someone said it.

What RED is doing is the key for economic recovery. The jobs that they are creating don't just re-distribute new wealth, but actually creates it. This is the key to growth and recovery. Now if more leaders of industry and government would realize this...

Bruce Johnson
    I totally agree, (with this also).

Sometimes I stand there and think “America what the f*ck are you doing…” usually directed to various (virtual) financial “instruments”, such as the whole subprime mortgage lending world fiasco that even ruined the finances of entire nations such as Iceland. These are “ideas” not things… that anybody actually made (I know that is very simplistic thinking).

So you have to think, well how the hell do you compete on the global stage when overseas (almost like Santa’s workshop) they can make just about everything at a ridiculous fraction of what it would cost in the US. That is very tough competition. So then you have to think well what the hell can WE do that no one else can? (In America).

That’s why I’m a RED fan because they CAN.

Also I’m a huge fan of Space-X that can put together commercial launch vehicles that are much cheaper and more competent than the Chinese and the Russian systems, and also do this practically in Los Angeles. I think there are still application areas and whole businesses that need to be developed and sought out in that mind set;… combination of good design, imagination, usefully innovative and HIGH QUALITY, . SpaceX partially founded by (south African born Entrepreneur, [Elon Musk] that started that little PayPal (thingy) and Tesla motor cars.) This is an excellent example of the US competing well on the world stage, doing what it does best or can do best.

While the Chinese have a population of 1 billion plus, we will NEVER (again be able) to “out-widget” the far east. Unless the US becomes a 3rd world country, so to attempt to do so is almost a lost cause (I’m sure some will disagree)…

I have to say I am very excited about developments in India as well as Africa; the Chinese are not missing any opportunities there either.

Cheers,

Eric

I bought the Red One not knowing where it was made. And I would still be buying the Epic if it were made in some other place. But because I live at certain co-ordinates on a map that are within the boundaries of a county within a state that are also within the boundaries of a country... the United States, I feel a common bond with the people encased with me in these boundaries within boundaries. Thus, I am glad that my fellow occupants are reaping the financial benefits that Made In The USA imparts to the rest of us.

Yet on this forum, I also feel a common bond with Redusers forged by all things Red... Epic M, Epic X, Scarlet, Red Ray, and any other product branded with the Red Dot. Sure, sometimes we get a little snippy with one another, but when criticized or attacked unjustly, we pretty much have each other's back. And when reading one another's posts, I personally find that it is someone from a different country than the one I'm from that says something that corresponds to my viewpoint.

What I'm saying is, while I'm glad RED does its manufacturing in California, America, I'm happier still that RED gets their ideas and feedback from Redusers, Earth.
    Elsie - of all the good thoughts on this topic from a lot of people, yours really resonates with me. I simply like the fact that a great product is being built in a great place by great people with a great vision.

A little late to the party on this one but.... BOOM!!! And that is why I love you Jim. Thanks for doing your part in helping the US!
    Gene Crucean
    [Emmy winning | Oscar nominated VFX Supervisor / iOS-OSX Developer / Filmmaker / Photographer]
    www.genecrucean.com
    @GeneCrucean