Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Audio Cable for Epic X

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich Ocean View Post
    It comes with a bolt-on rod that works with any 1/4-20 hole (there's some on the top of the Epic).
    Perfect. Thanks!

The wiring diagram for the cable pictured works for a single channel balanced or unbalanced. That is the correct cable wiring for Epic and Scarlet. An unbalanced connection would use the tip/sleeve connections but omit the ring on the TRS. Pins 1 ground and 2 hot on the XLR. Balanced input uses all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Ocean View Post
    It comes with a bolt-on rod that works with any 1/4-20 hole (there's some on the top of the Epic).
    That's good news. Would you have a picture of it mounted on Epic? Thank you!

I tried these same cables at the office with a Sound Devices 442 and also with a Lectrosonics lavalier plugged directly into the Hosa adapter. I was able to get a decent signal, but experienced really loud handling noise if i even touched the Hosa adapter cable. It seemed like it would be unusable audio due to the possibility of that handling noise anytime the cable shakes just a little.

Has anyone had similar experience? It was only a $10 adapter, I thought maybe it didn't have proper sheilding.

Also, could not get a good headphone level - seemed very weak. In the quiet office, the headphone level was just loud enough for me to hear the sound, but not really strong enough to monitor or mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kushner View Post
    I tried these same cables at the office with a Sound Devices 442 and also with a Lectrosonics lavalier plugged directly into the Hosa adapter. I was able to get a decent signal, but experienced really loud handling noise if i even touched the Hosa adapter cable. It seemed like it would be unusable audio due to the possibility of that handling noise anytime the cable shakes just a little.

Has anyone had similar experience? It was only a $10 adapter, I thought maybe it didn't have proper sheilding.

Also, could not get a good headphone level - seemed very weak. In the quiet office, the headphone level was just loud enough for me to hear the sound, but not really strong enough to monitor or mix.
    I mainly posted about this cable so people could see what the wiring was like. They are built to be inexpensive, I have had one fail, but they are easy to get. Have not heard any handling noise myself.

Did you go into the menus to raise the headphone output? Have not had any headphone problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ferguson View Post
    Did you go into the menus to raise the headphone output? Have not had any headphone problems.
    I have been through all the menus, but can't find anything for the headphone output.

Can you tell me where in the menu system it is?

Thanks.

Your headphone output is the menu item that says Audio Output. That controls the volume that comes out of the headphone port.

Oh, and FYI…

I picked up a pair of Guitar Center-branded ("Live Wire") XLR-Female to 3.5mm Mono cables, and they seem to work perfectly to take the signal from my MixPre-D to the Epic.

9.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony M View Post
    I have been through all the menus, but can't find anything for the headphone output.

Can you tell me where in the menu system it is?
    On the current release code, nothing that specifically says HEADPHONE, but go to SETTINGS / AUDIO _ VIDEO / AUDIO OUT

Move all those sliders to -9dB ( - 1dB is also fine ) and you should hear audio now...
    Workflow Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart English View Post
    On the current release code, nothing that specifically says HEADPHONE, but go to SETTINGS / AUDIO _ VIDEO / AUDIO OUT

Move all those sliders to -9dB ( - 1dB is also fine ) and you should hear audio now...
    Thank you Stuart.