Thread: Message about STORM

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Gotta say how disappointed I am with the Foundry on giving up like that. Wasn't Storm supposed to support other camera formats in v2????? The excuse of competing against a 'breath' of features in RCX Pro is a poor one. Support more formats in an addition to R3D (charge for them too!) and build a product that is stable and usable on set and then you have something to sell.

Storm never lived up to the HYPE that surrounded it and I will certainly be asking for my money back as it never became a usable product.

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Okay Richard, sorry to hear this, but even I, which I am not an Editor, knew this was coming, unless Storm was to either completely Evolve, or change completely course of action.

Question now is... What for all of those, like my self, which believed in your Company and Product, and Purchased STORM on April 26th 2011... Will we get a Credit towards the purchase of other Software?

Thanks.
    I am in the same boat also .

REDuser Sponsor Richard Shackleton's Avatar
    To anyone who would like to talk about their investment in Storm and how The Foundry can best support you, please contact me directly off-list (richard at thefoundry.co.uk).

Thanks,

Richard
    Richard Shackleton
    Head of Product Development, The Foundry

Listen guys... Storm was IMHO missing the ball a bit from get-go (ok to say that now, as it is discontinued)

What is really needed is an app to move xml's between apps that are really good at what they do.

Hiero might be that app, for all I know. I know I for one really hope so!

Storm was up against an impossible task, as it didn't even try to support a full RED project out the door. No reading of QT's or exr's or dpx's. Just plain old r3d's. And many apps do exactly that.

They also never got the conform bit unique.

Storm just became a "everything else" app, and thus didn't have much to contribute with.
    The effects section was also not very good or focused.

let's rather celebrate that Foundry is focusing on what they do extremely well:

High end and pro tools.

I really look foreward to run Hiero through its paces.

In the meantime:
    Rejoice as to how RCX-Pro develops.

It's a bit of magic from the horses mout.
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483

Quote Originally Posted by Gunleik Groven View Post
    Listen guys... Storm was IMHO missing the ball a bit from get-go (ok to say that now, as it is discontinued)

What is really needed is an app to move xml's between apps that are really good at what they do.

Hiero might be that app, for all I know. I know I for one really hope so!

Storm was up against an impossible task, as it didn't even try to support a full RED project out the door. No reading of QT's or exr's or dpx's. Just plain old r3d's. And many apps do exactly that.

They also never got the conform bit unique.

Storm just became a "everything else" app, and thus didn't have much to contribute with.
    The effects section was also not very good or focused.

let's rather celebrate that Foundry is focusing on what they do extremely well:

High end and pro tools.

I really look foreward to run Hiero through its paces.

In the meantime:
    Rejoice as to how RCX-Pro develops.

It's a bit of magic from the horses mout.
    I know I am quite late to comment on this, but better later then never...

To say that this is a little harsh is me being polite...

With all due respect Gunleik, until RCX PRO came out - there was nothing out there with this crucial combinations of abilities. RCX PRO also killed ClipFinder - and with Storm now EOL there really is not any location-focused DIT tool to quickly review, organize and annotate your clips, not to mention all the other functions...
    And the effects section? I am still looking at ANY software that allows me to quickly and non-destructivelly switch between default, camera and user adjustments and slide-blend any effect applied. How many times have you adjusted and tweaked dozens of parameters to get that particular look only to have the client asking: "I like that, but can we go somewhere half-way between this and the previous one?" Simple slide move and 2 seconds later I asked: "like this you mean?"... Not even RCX PRO can do that...

Having been part of the STORM concept from the day zero - I feel personally really sad it has came to this. I hope RCX PRO will add some DIT functions soon in regards to organizing your media, sorting out by meta-data and tagging (The STORM bits I miss the most) and reporting functionality (what I miss the most from ClipFinder)...
    You don't need eyes to see, You need a vision!
    www.petermajtan.com

What is the fate of MNMB? I'm not so happy with the HDRX tools and motion blending. I was looking here to see what people were doing with HDRX images in post with Storm.