Thread: Remote start schematic for EPIC

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    REDuser Sponsor
    We are making a hand controller for remote start/stop. It contains polarity protection and a battery test circuit. It is also sexy..."kellering" machined from solid aluminum billet...engraved...led's etc. Available within the next two weeks. It can be used with the Red triple-headed split cable plugged into the sync port or better yet, it can be used directly with our Sync Bobs for really secure/armored/sheilded control. See "store" at www.spacecam.com

Hi Ron,
    Interesting product you've made. I like the robust design! However pricing is going to be an issue for most of the EPIC/SCARLET users..

Few weeks ago I made a fully working prototype from components that I had in storage:

- Working range is tested up to 590 meters / 1935 ft. (I ran out of BNC so a longer distance is possible)
    - Powered with 3x AAA
    - Connection via standard BNC coax cable and is connected to the camera with a handy extender/strain relief - so no strain to the camera's tiny and fragile Lemo socket

I'm also making an independent switch system that doesn't need external power like AA/AAA batteries. It can be used in underwater housings etc. Next thing will be wireless remote start compability with ARRI's WLCS and Cmotion's CAMIN, I'll post some pictures somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Goodman View Post
    We are making a hand controller for remote start/stop. It contains polarity protection and a battery test circuit. It is also sexy..."kellering" machined from solid aluminum billet...engraved...led's etc. Available within the next two weeks. It can be used with the Red triple-headed split cable plugged into the sync port or better yet, it can be used directly with our Sync Bobs for really secure/armored/sheilded control. See "store" at www.spacecam.com
    Hi Ron,

Can you please tell us the dimensions and weight of the unit? Also, do you have any photos showing the battery compartment door? I'm curious as to whether it is hinged, sliding, and how rugged that element is.
    Mike Lary
    Director of Technology, DIGITAL FACTORY, Seoul
    Digital Revolution Since 2009
    Color Correction/Digital Workflow/Red Camera Rental
    www.DigitalFactory.kr

REDuser Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lary View Post
    Hi Ron,

Can you please tell us the dimensions and weight of the unit? Also, do you have any photos showing the battery compartment door? I'm curious as to whether it is hinged, sliding, and how rugged that element is.
    Will do Mike.

REDuser Sponsor
    Nopsa: Looks like we are on the same page more or less!

My company has also been making these for quite some time now, in use by a lot of people:

www.madlyfins.com/product.php?id_product=17
    AC and owner of MadlyFins, LLC
    Chicago, IL
    andy@madlyfins.com
    www.madlyfins.com

Quote Originally Posted by brian mcclatchy View Post
    Has anyone had success making a remote start stop cable for the epic going straight into the 4 pin Lemo? I would love to know the correct pin info if available.
    Brian

At Keslow Camera, there is the "Magic Box" which will actually allow you to (among other things as well) plug in a three pin fisher, preston or similar remote system to trigger the camera. It does utilize the LEMO connector, and will properly convert the trigger signal needed.

We can also offer this as an option, contact me for more information. It's an additional $80 on top of our standard Chocolate Bar price.
    AC and owner of MadlyFins, LLC
    Chicago, IL
    andy@madlyfins.com
    www.madlyfins.com