Thread: When it's announced...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 221
  1. #1 When it's announced... 
    Senior Member ryanpostas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    102
    Not sure if you guys can answer this, but whenever the glorious time comes that Scarlet is 'Available for Order' will there be a thread, or email that gives advanced notice of when orders will open? ie Available for order starting xx/xx or will it magically appear on Red.com with the option to 'Place Order'

    Just feeling like an addict checking the forum every other minute in hopes of seeing the news!!
    RYAN NEIL POSTAS
    RyanPostas.com
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Nuka Wlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpostas View Post
    Not sure if you guys can answer this, but whenever the glorious time comes that Scarlet is 'Available for Order' will there be a thread, or email that gives advanced notice of when orders will open? ie Available for order starting xx/xx or will it magically appear on Red.com with the option to 'Place Order'

    Just feeling like an addict checking the forum every other minute in hopes of seeing the news!!
    I believe this question was asked once and I also believe that the official answer was - yes, there will be an advanced notice on Reduser ;)

    And to be honest, you're probably wasting your time checking the forum for news every other minute. Last time we heard, the SCARLET was to be released September. And lately it has been said that their(RED) main concern is to get EPIC-X out the door first. :)
    NUKA WLK | WRITER & DIRECTOR
    SHOWREEL:
    http://vimeo.com/nuka/showreel2012
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    252
    I don't agree Nuka. As they say round here, prices, dates, specs, changes yada yada... Count on it and you wont be disappointed. Well I guess that could work both ways. They could drop it tomorrow and just post it on here. Therefore checking as often as possible would be pretty smart... Although maybe not every other minute :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Nuka Wlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_JP View Post
    I don't agree Nuka. As they say round here, prices, dates, specs, changes yada yada... Count on it and you wont be disappointed. Well I guess that could work both ways. They could drop it tomorrow and just post it on here. Therefore checking as often as possible would be pretty smart... Although maybe not every other minute :)
    Thanks, you don't have to "agree". I'm just stating what have been said. I personally doubt that it'll be released September - let alone the month after that. More like the end of the year...

    ...and btw. it won't be released before September...You can count on it.
    NUKA WLK | WRITER & DIRECTOR
    SHOWREEL:
    http://vimeo.com/nuka/showreel2012
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,518
    Red won't announce anything now until they know for sure their production schedule, pricing, and have all the parts in house to build. If it follows the path of Epic-X they will probably announce the package and prices about a month or so ahead of release as they start the first production run.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Jay Birch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    318
    I think there will be a steady flow of info and hints that will build and build to the point of an "order now" button.

    then the server will crash.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    252
    I didn't say that it would be released before September, because no one know other than a select few at RED. Neither you or I. They have vowed to keep a tight seal on this stuff, so they could just drop it tomorrow. "Here you, its ready" stylee. Therefore, I think it does make sense to keep checking back once a day, otherwise you'll probably miss it. No? And I'm guessing if you miss the first batch, you'll be on a mega list for the next batch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Birch View Post
    I think there will be a steady flow of info and hints that will build and build to the point of an "order now" button.

    then the server will crash.
    Scarlet release + someone typing Google into Google = Global internet crash :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Nuka Wlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_JP View Post
    I didn't say that it would be released before September, because no one know other than a select few at RED. Neither you or I. They have vowed to keep a tight seal on this stuff, so they could just drop it tomorrow. "Here you, its ready" stylee. Therefore, I think it does make sense to keep checking back once a day, otherwise you'll probably miss it. No? And I'm guessing if you miss the first batch, you'll be on a mega list for the next batch.
    I'm only making assumptions, guesses and speculation from the info I've gotten from RED. As I've understood it, it won't be released before they have gotten EPIC-X out there (and what exactly that means I don't know. That's where I assume that they need to focus their production on EPIC for some time - my guess: could be months, who knows). And as of recent posts, it seems that SCARLET still needs finishing touches on the camera and is still victim of the supply issue. They have responded that they will notify the users here on Reduser before they launch the SCARLET in the store - this could also be months, days, hours - hell, seconds for all I know. But if we can use the late posts of the EPIC release as reference of their way of notifying (and I believe we can - more than you're "here it is"-take on it), then we would probably know a month in advance. The OP wanted to know if there would be some kind of notice in advance - and the answer is: there will be according to RED. It didn't say how long in advance - that was MY guess! I'm not trying to feed the OP useless wild speculation here...
    NUKA WLK | WRITER & DIRECTOR
    SHOWREEL:
    http://vimeo.com/nuka/showreel2012
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Solomon Nero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    642
    And lets not forget, a hint that the scarlet is coming, is seeing other pros shooting out with it, and posting things with it. I Have not seen anything other then Jarred's 120FPS shots. So september...may be a little sooner of an expectation. I dont know when, but either way, I am excited for when it does! :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Nuka Wlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Nero View Post
    And lets not forget, a hint that the scarlet is coming, is seeing other pros shooting out with it, and posting things with it. I Have not seen anything other then Jarred's 120FPS shots. So september...may be a little sooner of an expectation. I dont know when, but either way, I am excited for when it does! :D
    Ahh, yes. That too ;) I wonder what it's gonna be :)
    NUKA WLK | WRITER & DIRECTOR
    SHOWREEL:
    http://vimeo.com/nuka/showreel2012
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts