Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Jan Reiff - Germany

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    congrats jan!

i will take care of the beers for manuel ;-)

Sounds great, Martin ;)
    Bring along your Bomb EVF and weīll have a great time.
    MR International Director & DOP Team
    Epic-W - Motion Control Equipment - BeSteadyFour Beast
    based in Munich - working everywhere
    AGENCY: Dirs-n-Dops Berlin

3. #13 HDRx 
    i did a short HDR test (just jumped out of the car). and iam speechless what i saw in redcine.
    i attached the images, sorry for low quality, but i am in the mountains for a shoot and slow internet here...
    this caravan was shot few minutes at sunset.
    the one image shows the exposure without hdrx, to keep the sky i had to close the lense and the caravan was dark. no surprise (even in this normal exposure is lots of information in the shadows and it would be useable to achieve a nice image in the post with masks)
    so, normally you have to use lights or masks in postproduction ...

but now, we have epic.
    i simply used the hdr modus, in redcine i got this amazing hdr image. itīs just pushing the blend button and and correct the new image until it looks great. i used +6. or +5. not sure honestly. and for the hdr image i used a light grade filter for the top of the sky (without mattebox, just put it on with the hand).
    iam really impressed about this tool. a big applause to all at red.
    i will report more experience with epic later, positive and some small issues.
    Attached Images

i want to give my experiences to the red team of the first days with my Epic M:

first, the quality - as said before - is simply great - and hdrx is superb. low light (i will do more tests tomorrow) is perfect too.
    so many positive things: booting time, design, quality, menu setting ...

so the thing is to tell the (small) issues i experienced (nothing what i would call dramatic)

- i had (in 2 days of testing) 2 times a "freeze" of the system. after restarting no problem. - this was not the "power spike error" - so this is for this stage of firmware not really dramatic.
    - i had one bug with the magnify 1:1 zoom, the image was cut in two pieces. restart. and working again. so, not really a huge problem. never appeared again.
    - i had one "freeze" of the redmote. after restarting no problem.
    - sometimes i have no touchscreen control with my fingers. when i change to the buttons on the sidehandle to set the menu for 2-3 times the touchscreen works well again.
    - only a short time "issue": i hope really to get the battery volts soon, attaching the big bricks is a bit contraproductive for the whole idea of this camera.
    - playback: ok, it will come. after slowmotion you would like to play back to check - so i hope it will be there in the near future.
    - 5K 16:9 or HD would be nice in the near future

in general the camera works solid, what you can produce with Epic is, indeed, the best digital image of motion pictures ever seen - everybody who is in the line for Epic M or X has made the right decision.

i will continue testing available light in the night and slowmotion stuff soon.

5. #15 time is running fast 
    i was 9 years old, getting my first camera, called "C-3PO" (no surprise, we tried to shoot same like star wars, so "C-3PO") - it was the first nizo braun from 7 i owned (and still have).

31 years later epic m came in in june 2011.

31 years, ... ufffz. where is the time going?

i
    Attached Images
    Weapon 6K "Santa Claus"
    Epic W Helium
    Red One "Travis"

Wow, I started with the same Nizo.
    Itīs great to see a 35mm digital cam from today is just a little bit bigger!
    Amazing.

7. #17 Beethovenīs latest work 
    Weapon 6K "Santa Claus"
    Epic W Helium
    Red One "Travis"