I'm going to ask my questions now (nobody answered them on the other thread):
Hey guys... anyone want to let me in on the secrets of:
- how to add eases to your rotation keyframes? I got my position keyframes smooth but no go on rotation keyframes so far. So my moves currently look kinda klunk-tastic.
- how do you adjust the play-around amount? It is too long.
- also, when I am playing around my edit in the Precision Trimmer and I hit > or < to tweak it by a frame, the playhead jumps to the edit. Any way to get the playhead to just keep playing around my edit (eg like Avid?)
- crossfading audio has me confused. It seems to keep adding video crossfades. Any way to make it behave like Vegas (eg when you bump a clip into another it auto-adds a fade, with lines indicating the fade instead of some weird shiny gray box that obscures everything)?
- that NY Times twit said you could make a project with custom resolution buy I can only see presets like 960x540? I'm guessing he didn't get that right either?
All in all, I like:
ORGANIZATION: the metadata, the very visual bin system and skimming stuff.
TIMELINE: Avid-like feeling that the timeline is a solid thing, not just isolated clips (handling of filler & magnetic timeline is nice)
EDITING: the little visual confirmations you get once you make an edit (eg the clip kinda animates and drops down into place)
EDITING: I like some of the magnetic timeline features a lot.
EFFECTS QUALITY & SPEED: rendering engine seems good. I like the Motion integration and publish-able features etc. As an effects guy I could get into this.
I do not like:
How often the damn thing is crashing.
- how do you show untagged clips? I want to go through my stuff and tag it, but I don't want to see the stuff I've already tagged. This seems kinda essential
- changing clip height is global? It'd be nice if I could set the height of those black matte clips to be shorter, for example (this is in Avid, steal that feature!)
- no way to color clips? Or show tags in the timeline?
- how do I drag a clip onto a tag? It keeps wanting to set an In / Out point.