Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: IMPORTANT Spiderman update...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic news...You guys deserve it, congratulations all of the RED team! Keep it up! Don't stop there! (I know you wont) :)

You guys are going to freak when you see how good this stuff looks. Seeing a 4K projection is unbelievable.

Can't ask for more than that!
    I can say, since we've gotten our Epic, we feel the same way every time we fire it up....

Congrats, well deserved.

Jason
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

1 x Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 1 x 8Ks35 HELIUM Stormtrooper
    Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16mm-180mm

Thanks for sharing Jim! history in the making. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard View Post
    You guys are going to freak when you see how good this stuff looks. Seeing a 4K projection is unbelievable.
    4K is the reason I'm not so excited about theatrical viewings anymore (for the time being).
    DIRECTOR DP EDITOR | DubaiFilm & Freelance

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

8K STORMTROOPER HELIUM - SUMMICRON-C

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Props to you all!

Congratulations RED Team!!! You certainly deserve it! As pompous as it may sound, I'm not surprised at Mr. John Schwartzman claims. Nice to hear this for my birthday! :)

So we were invited to see some Spiderman footage today at Sony. John Schwartzman was there and we talked a bit before going into the screening room.

"This is the best looking footage I have ever shot... these are the best images I have ever seen!" was his comment. I asked him if this was just his enthusiasm spilling out or if this was actually the case (pretty big statement). He thought for a few moments and said "No, really... this is the best footage I have ever seen from any camera. Ever."

So, with that, we went in. There was a Sony T420 projector (same as we have at RED Studios) in a grading room at Colorworks. We talked to "The Steve" (colorist) about his experience with the EPIC footage and opinion. He confirmed his opinion matched John's and we sat front row with huge expectations.

I have to say that we were all stunned. Shocked. So incredible. Not like RED ONE MX. Not like anything we had seen from another camera. Same resolution and feel of our new EPIC reel, but with actors and a story and Schwartzman's ability to light.

The consensus in the room (to a person) was that this looked like film. Like 65mm film. Better. Without any trace of film's blocky detail in shadows or grain. Jaw dropping.

EPIC is performing as it's name implies it should. We will keep John's comment close to us... to remind us how hard we need to work to never lose this position. We really like it.

Jim
    Congratulations Jim, Jarred and the RED team, for building an awesome camera that's earning a great reputation in no time. Can;t wait to get mine, Jim, Jarred, when are you sending it to me? I have some awesome projects waiting-ready to be shot as soon as I get it! cant wait.
    EPIC-M #810. RED ZOOM 17-50 and 50-150.
    Director, Writer, Producer
    REZLAB LLC
    http://www.carlosflorez.com

Senior Member Joseph Q. Simpkins's Avatar
    Awesome news! Thank you for sharing as it is a well needed quickening! Can't wait to get ours! Thanks again Red Team for exceeding expectations and changing the cinema world:)
    Joseph Q. Simpkins
    www.adrenalinethemovie.com
    IMDB

and I get to shoot with the same camera? somebody wake me!

-michael zaletel