Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: IMPORTANT Spiderman update...

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    "We really like it"

The key to success is, hard work. Red deserves it. While we're all tucked away sleep, you guys are puttin' it down. Like Santa and the elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    and Wrap...... We just shot the final footage for Spiderman here in NYC. ...
    Peter
    Peter, John, and the entire Spiderman team was an amazing group of people. I was in NYC a few weeks ago visiting set, and saw one of the Producers sitting on a bench smiling. A smiling Producer on a major feature is sort of like an albino albatross - you don't see them often. I asked him what was going on and why he was so happy. He looked at me and said, "I just found out we are going to finish on time and *under* budget."

Being under budget for a major 2D feature is rare. Being under budget for an S3D film of this epic (!) scope and working through so many challenges and new technology points is unheard of.

We are proud to have been part of the effort and we learned an awful lot from working with seasoned professionals like Peter & John.

On to the next feature. (which will be a *huge* one)

Best,

Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Well, with this all I can say is CONGRATS!!

We love our Epic M's and are as pleased as ever with it in current tests in Italy for our first upcoming Feature... ;)

So yeah Jim, please do keep working hard, and never loose this position, we like it too... ;)
    Agree 100% with Ketch, Congratulations and keep working hard Jim, what you are doing is incredible.
    All the best,
    Carlos Florez
    EPIC-M #810. RED ZOOM 17-50 and 50-150.
    Director, Writer, Producer
    REZLAB LLC
    http://www.carlosflorez.com

I am very happy for you Jannard. And everyone at Red. Well deserved. And happy that I will be shooting my movie on your cameras. I hope I am deserving enough to work with people as talented as those in the Spiderman team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Wilson View Post
    Peter, John, and the entire Spiderman team was an amazing group of people. I was in NYC a few weeks ago visiting set, and saw one of the Producers sitting on a bench smiling. A smiling Producer on a major feature is sort of like an albino albatross - you don't see them often. I asked him what was going on and why he was so happy. He looked at me and said, "I just found out we are going to finish on time and *under* budget."

Being under budget for a major 2D feature is rare. Being under budget for an S3D film of this epic (!) scope and working through so many challenges and new technology points is unheard of.

We are proud to have been part of the effort and we learned an awful lot from working with seasoned professionals like Peter & John.

On to the next feature. (which will be a *huge* one)

Best,

Lucas
    Just keeps getting better. Wonder how much of that can be attributed to the small 3D rigs, the fast sensors, 'instant' on-set digital workflow, and everything else that is so epic about this system... This unprecedented freedom to create deserves applause.
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Congrats Jim and the whole RED team. With each and every announcement my anticipation of receiving my Epic-M and Epic-X grows accordingly. Can't wait to see Spiderman 4.
    Russell Campbell
    Epic Dragons, RED One MX
    www.oceansenseproductions.com

I eagerly await the day when I'll be able to share your enthusiasm by using Scarlet or by watching the Spiderman movie!!

Great to hear ;-) so, now, I Want mine!!!!!!! Thanks to do what you do guys.
    Sylvestre Dedise
    Director of Photography
    www.sylvestrededise.com
    Epic-X "Kira" Dragon Upgrad #1159
    Scarlet X #1757 waiting for Epic X Dragon Upgrad

Will Spiderman be finished at 4K? Will it be projected at 4K in suitable multi-plexes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lowe View Post
    Will Spiderman be finished at 4K? Will it be projected at 4K in suitable multi-plexes?
    +1 ... I asked the same in another thread I think. Curious to know this as well ....
    Anthony Flores
    Writer - Technologist

"Film is incredibly democratic and accessible, its probably the best option if you actually want to change the world, not just re-decorate it." - Banksy

How many of you guys are going to be in the Comic Con 2011,thats where the first footage will be unveiled.......