Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: War...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #1 War... 
    RED is at war... which we define as passionate and active opposition to an adversary.

We are at war with conventional thinking.

We are at war with the thought of 1080P being a suitable replacement for film in motion capture or home entertainment display.

We are at war with old business principles, like planned obsolescence, lack of communication with customers, and unfair business practices.

War is good, depending on the target. I think most would agree that a war against disease is just. A war on poverty is noble.

When people get out the microscope and pixel-peep they often lose sight of the big picture. The same thing happens when people focus on a word instead of a concept.

Jim
    Last edited by Jannard; 09-08-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Yeahhhhhh!!!! No questions, sir!

Sounds like an arms race with a happy ending.
    Peter Matthes
    NYC based Producer, DGA AD, PM, AC
    Epic-Dragon #2404 "Robin Hood"
    Scarlet-X #476 "Manhattan"
    Red Pro Primes 18-300mm, Bartech/F-Stop/Heden Digital Follow Focus, O'Connor 2575D, Arriflex MMB-1, Elements Mantis
    REDucation at Abel Cine Tech NY - January 2014

The Wolves Den
    Pen & Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    RED is at war... which we define as passionate and active opposition to an adversary.

We are at war with conventional thinking.

We are at war with the thought of 1080P being a suitable replacement for film in motion capture or home entertainment display.

We are at war with old business principles, like planned obsolescence, lack of communication with customers, and unfair business practices.

War is good, depending on the target. I think most would agree that a war against disease is just. A war on poverty is noble.

When people get out the microscope and pixel-peep they often lose sight of the big picture. The same thing happens when people focus on a word instead of a concept.

Jim
    I have one question mr president,

Where the fuck do I sign up??

And when the heck will I get my REDMOTE so I can not feel like my EPIC is naked when shooting with HBO.
    EPIC-M 1261 - officially named "Take 2"

Make love not WAR....

But I get your drift. :)
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

make RAW not WAR
    :)
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

Spartans! Tonight we film in Hell!

I don't post often, however, today I am compelled to write that I am in 100% agreement with Jim's words. I am so glad that Red is an American company and that it's American know-how that is making this program possible. I am tired of shaking my head in disbelief at how other companies, not just tech companies, but food, pharma, and other Fortune 500 companies treat their employees and customers. It's time for a new, better way...

Say it however you wish.. I am stil very excited about getting my Epic X. This is a great place!

:)

Jay

Passion: Making films is all about passion. And when I see such a passionate leader and its team behind making "the" tool that makes films happen, I cannot help but give my full, unconditional support. I want to sign in. Just give a chance!
    Sérgio Perez

EPIC-X 2029 "Lilau" in Macau!

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556