Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: IMPORTANT Spiderman update...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 IMPORTANT Spiderman update... 
    So we were invited to see some Spiderman footage today at Sony. John Schwartzman was there and we talked a bit before going into the screening room.

"This is the best looking footage I have ever shot... these are the best images I have ever seen!" was his comment. I asked him if this was just his enthusiasm spilling out or if this was actually the case (pretty big statement). He thought for a few moments and said "No, really... this is the best footage I have ever seen from any camera. Ever."

So, with that, we went in. There was a Sony T420 projector (same as we have at RED Studios) in a grading room at Colorworks. We talked to "The Steve" (colorist) about his experience with the EPIC footage and opinion. He confirmed his opinion matched John's and we sat front row with huge expectations.

I have to say that we were all stunned. Shocked. So incredible. Not like RED ONE MX. Not like anything we had seen from another camera. Same resolution and feel of our new EPIC reel, but with actors and a story and Schwartzman's ability to light.

The consensus in the room (to a person) was that this looked like film. Like 65mm film. Better. Without any trace of film's blocky detail in shadows or grain. Jaw dropping.

EPIC is performing as it's name implies it should. We will keep John's comment close to us... to remind us how hard we need to work to never lose this position. We really like it.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

I just LOVE that, and I LOVE my Epic-M right here, getting prepped for tomorrow! Excellent work!
    RED EPIC DRAGON, EPIC-M #646, EPIC-X DRAGON #250, Scarlet-X P/L #2467 "Harbor", RED ONE #476 MX "MOTHER"
    Commercials | Live | Concerts | Corporate | RED rentals
    Red Pro Primes T1.8: 18,25,35,50,85,100 (all metric), red CF zoom 18-50 T3 (imperial), Red Pro Zoom 17-50mm T2.9 (m), Red zoom 50-150 T3 (m) + 300mm T2.8 (i)
    Leica Summilux-C series on order.
    www.groovyentertainment.com/english/

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

damn :)
    Brandon Fraley
    Director - Cinematographer
    EPIC-X #2762 "Zoë"

I'm sitting here doing a little dance at my computer with a huge smile on my face. Cheers!
    Pierce Cook
    Director - Cinematographer
    Red Epic-X #2375 | Cooke miniS4's (previously the "iPanchros") 18mm, 25mm, 32mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm

Senior Member Christian Munoz D's Avatar
    USA-Chile-Worldwide ----Red One & Epic Owner----
    Great post Jim. Thank you for sharing. Now I am more passive-impatience than ever waiting for my Epic-X
    Christian Muñoz-Donoso

Equilibrio Films, LLC
    cmunoz at equilibriofilms dot com
    Studio: +1 646-397-9498
    Massachusetts, USA

www.ChristianMunozDonoso.com
    www.EquilibrioFilms.com
    www.WildViewSeries.org

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    Awesome!! I'm excited to see this in digital projection.

...Now all that's left is shipping the darn things :)

I've said it before. I'll say it again. GIMME. GIMME. GIMME!
    Cheers
    Bettsy

Congrats Jim. The truly amazing thing is Schwartzman says the camera produces the best images he has ever seen, James Cameron bought 50, Peter Jackson 30 and it is a camera most of us can afford and use on a daily basis. Revolution accomplished.

Can't wait to see it on the big screen... good job!

great to hear. i hope this news keeps inspiring the red team.