Thread: New In Epic !

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 New In Epic ! 
    Heloo, I am a DOP and there is an upcoming big project in the coming months , and I wanted to enter RED's world...
    I have read some basic information about EPIC - M... And I insist on owning this camera , but I don't know any other details about this camera, such as types " M - X "...

And the most important Q is HOW TO BUY IT ?... Please help me as much as possible in this step.

And please what do you advise me before entering this world.

thank you =)

red.com/store

X is for existing owners of the current R1 waiting on Stage 2 - Stage 3.5 (I think that's right...on the stages part)

After which it will be EPIC S35

All in all they are the same expect that the EPIC-M get's an awesome titanium mount whilst the X is still unknown on what the difference if any minus the titanium mount, so the X package is still to be announced,

The EPIC S35 retail price is still subject to change as nothing has been finalized

M retail is a great way to go if you need the camera now but there is a queue and it is subject to RED's decision on who get's it and when they get it

not all features are currently enabled so beware of that,

The M package seems pretty decent as far as being ready to start filming right out of the box is concerned, some things though are delayed like the REDVolts which till then one would need to use RED Bricks to power the camera

The first step would be to create an account on the RED Store and then inquire about purchasing an Epic-M here: http://www.red.com/store/epic/product/epic-m

Best of luck!

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Imran Farouk View Post

All in all they are the same expect that the EPIC-M get's an awesome titanium mount whilst the X is still unknown on what the difference if any minus the titanium mount, so the X package is still to be announced,
    The difference between the two is not in the titanium mount - you can add this to the X as well for around $2000. The difference is that the M body is machined and assembled by hand.

Really? Didn't know that... guess there goes my main reason for an M,
    Thought they were only doing those for the M which added to it's price,
    But understandable,

Thanks for clearing that :)

THANK YOU GUYS =)

But I still don’t know how to buy it... I have an account and connected with visa and address in usa and everything is fine... actually I can buy the Red One MX and everything except the Epic M ??

you just can put in your interest for an epic-m at the store. red decides who gets one. so actually the red you can buy with save delivery at the moment is the red one mx.
    maybe in june red can tell us more about the production status of the epics, but it must be said, the red one mx is still a great deal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reiff View Post
    you just can put in your interest for an epic-m at the store. red decides who gets one. so actually the red you can buy with save delivery at the moment is the red one mx.
    maybe in june red can tell us more about the production status of the epics, but it must be said, the red one mx is still a great deal too.

oh thank u dear =)

i know the red one is still a great deal... but i really fell in love with Epic :P
    so i cant buy it at the moment, have to wait the save delivery right ?

thxxx =)

First register an enquiry then red will get back to you, the production version Epic-x's are not shipping now,u can buy only the epic-m's for now.........