Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: TATTOO

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 TATTOO 
    TATTOO @ 1K & 2K

1K : TATOO-1K-X264.mov.zip

2K : http://red.cachefly.net/Tattoo2K.mp4

VLC player if your normal player wont play the files correctly: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

and the quicktime X264 component for encoding - ( mac ) http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/mycometg3/

That was great!

Thanks Jarred!!!

I thought this short film was brilliant on several levels. The technical aspects are wonderful and demonstrates what the Red camera is all about. But I also find the story line to be quite intriguing and cannot wait for the sequel as well as the prequel. Praises go out to Bill Paxton and Daniel Hsia.

The characters that were not specifically listed in the credits were most compelling:
    - The tattoo: a red dragon
    - The "last person who wore this" and was never heard from again

The sequel, the story of the hero who has just gotten the tattoo, is setup by;
    - "legend tells of a day when a descendent will ......."

The prequel, the story of the past hero, is setup by;
    - "mythical power that no one had ever seen"
    - "but the world ... the world was unprepared"

The fact that this was accomplished in the time frame that it was is absolutely amazing. Congratulations to the TEAM that pulled this off. I would love to see this in 4k.

Webster

(re-post on this thread. originally on the compression thread where the movie was first posted.)

I just finished watching it several times,everything is great about it,the dynamic range,the latitude it shows,the colors,but the motion characteristics looks a bit videoish why is that??
    was it not shot at 23.976 fps at 1/48 or 180 degree shutter,did you go with a different shutter angle for smoother look and different motion characteristics???
    I will be waiting for an answer.................

Excellent. Love the detail and range of exposure captured.

At the 2:29 mark I see two red dots that seem out of place (kinda looks like laser pointers). They are not there in a similar scene a few scenes afterwards. Is that in the original or did my MacBook Pro add something?

Also, lenses used? Pretty please?
    Erik Franzén, Director/Writer, Darkly Dreaming Team
    "It's easy to count pixels so people do it. What is important is what you do with those pixels."
    ~ Graeme

I didn't feel the short had "video-esque" motion at all. If anything, the reason it looked any different to me was simply due to the total lack of noise (that I can tell from this compressed version), the DR (look at the CFL's as "Stranger" is walking up the stairs at the beginning!!! Amazing!!!), and the detail. COMPLETELY blown away here. Epic can truly do whatever you want. Want it to look like film? Plenty of tools to "dumb it down". This short just makes it clear Epic is a film alternative...and then some. Plenty of room to accomplish what you wish. No more "blaming the camera". Cannot wait for my Epic-S. My account will be ready to be drained after this summer.

All I can say: bring it. I'm buckled up and ready to ride.

In regards to aesthetics, the short really reminded me of Jordan Cronenweth's work in Blade Runner. Amazing lighting and sets. Thanks for posting, Jarred. :}

Quote Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
    Excellent. Love the detail and range of exposure captured.

At the 2:29 mark I see two red dots that seem out of place (kinda looks like laser pointers). They are not there in a similar scene a few scenes afterwards. Is that in the original or did my MacBook Pro add something?
    Those red dots are the ember tips of incense burning on the table....
    Stephen Matthews

https://www.instagram.com/madleymedia/

"I do not want my success in life to rely on the suffering of others"
    -V.T.S.

Absolutely beautiful!