Thread: Amazing spiderman

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Amazing spiderman 
    Trained Professional
    Here in Mahattan for the last 2 weeks of the Amazing Spiderman, since we first started 7 months ago with our beta-tattoo bodies a lot in the world has changed. I speak to many DP's getting ready to use the Epic, most are shooting 3D and using either 3ality or ET rigs. The 3ality rigs have worked really well for us, they have been quick and reliable by 3D standards and after the 2nd week we all fell into a routine which allows us to do 25 set ups a day.

2 weeks ago I color corrected a 8 minute sizzle reel at colorworks cut together by the editors, it had a little bit of everything in it and Brook and I finished out to a 4K 2D DCP, that was turned over to Rob Engel our head stereographer to be made into a 2k 3D DCP. The 4k Epic images are absolutely the highest resolution images I have ever seen, Steve Bowen the colorist, who has lots of digital experience was speechless, the images are gorgeous, dark with no noise, and full of detail. The color tracked really well to the 3D and it looks really great in 3D, I just wish 3D projection would catch up with acquisition. The 2d 4k has 4 times the resolution of the 3d image, when I have done film scans I think the difference between 2k and 4 k scans is there but it is subtle, when originating an image at 4.5k and viewing it at 4k there is nothing subtle about it, sort of like the paint job on Jared's Porsche, it gets your attention.

My RED experience on the Amazing Spiderman has been great and I am looking forward to using this camera to shoot some commercials this summer in 2D. 10 more days to go on first unit and then Collister shoots kanother 2 weeks of 3D plates and we are done.

John

Great to hear John, can't wait to see the final images!

Great to hear, enjoy our fair city here!

Jason
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    @jasondiamond

2 Dragon's avail and ready to fly.

Rocket-X's

Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16,19,24,28,35,50,60,80,90,100,135,180
    Avail NYC and anywhere trains, planes and automobiles go.

Thank you for the post, encouraging and exciting to wanna see the finished product.
    Luis Flores Jr - Shooting CHUCK HANK and THE SAN DIEGO TWINS & RUNNER -

EPIC DRAGONS #202, #1031
    EPIC-M Cameras #960, #1046
    EPIC-X Camera #300

Los Angeles

GOOGULPLX@aol.com
    (805) 822-9870 ce

I wish you could all see how amazing that sizzle reel looks in 4K - everybody in the suite was blown away. You can look at test footage and dailies all day long, but when you finally see proper scenes cut together in 4K from this camera... it's something else.

Thanks for posting, John! One more day of getting in trouble before the NY fun begins...

Well looks like I'm gonna have to check out old Spidey when it comes out. Looking forward to that.
    Mike McEntire
    Mack Dawg Productions
    Since 1988
    DRAGON M #441

Awsome news...im sure its going to be hate to use it ,Amazing!!! John your work has always been well worth the wait my friend.

hope we run into each other soon
    sergio Arguello:
    Epic-M 459,Epic-X 751
    RED Rocket™™™

sergioarguello.net

Thanks for posting John. Looking forward to the 3D release - Lim

Let's get that 4K 2D sizzle reel on the program next week at RSH along with the Leica test footy...

Hey, a man can dream...

Cheers - #!9

Mr. Schwarztman, do you know if Sony is planning to release the film in 4K 3D? I think that a 4K 2D version is a given, and that in a year´s time there will be some 4K 3D theaters, at least in the US...