Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: CineForm NEO 4K Beta, RedCine compatible, and available for trial.

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I'm a PC man and believe your work will help many others. What can I do to help. I do have a RED cam with me and was planning on being in San Diego sometime this weekend

Thank you, at moment I'm looking for additional 4K and 2K footage, and as many users to help Red and CineForm work out the kinks in the QuickTime export from RedCine. Are you shooting this weekend in SD?
    David Newman
    CTO, CineForm
    http://twitter.com/David_Newman

Quote Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
    Try 2048x1024 or 1920x1080 first to see whether there are issues with export in general. Help us narrow it down. I was doing 4Kx2k exports on a 2GB core 2 duo laptop (Dell M90.)

Idea! Make sure the keyframes is set to 1. My system first defaulted to 7, and that didn't work.
    Hello,

Yes, that worked - did a 1920x1080 export - Keyframe set to 1.
    Looks good. Will play some more later.
    Thanks

Thanks for trying again, I look forward to yours and other feedback.
    David Newman
    CTO, CineForm
    http://twitter.com/David_Newman

It seems to be working for me, but I am curious to see file size and playback performance once it finishes converting at 4088x2048. Is the RedCine to Cineform process multithreaded? I am only getting 50% CPU usage on my dual socket workstation, but Hyperthreading might be skewing that. (Time for an 8 core system)
    For more information on PC based Post-Production, check out my tech website at www.hd4pc.com

Also, does the lack of a 4K varient of Prospect mean that the 4K resolution is not supported by the CineformRT engine in Premiere. If so, are we supposed to use desktop mode with Cineform as the render codec?

EDITED: It displays the 4K clip in my Prospect2K project, and the image appears, but playback leaves much to be desired.

I tried using AE, but the 4K (4088) file did not work. It only displayed as a white screen. The 2K version worked fine. The 4K fine plays in Qucktime, and by "plays" I mean there is image data. What machine specs will we need to get realtime playback of Cineform4K files? (Presumably at 2K display)
    For more information on PC based Post-Production, check out my tech website at www.hd4pc.com

Banned
    Im very excited for this. I assume Neo 4k will be free since its made for Redcine?

Don't hold your breath, this is a 15 day trial. RedCine support is one of MANY capabilities in Neo4K.

David N. & David T.,

I'm taking my hat off as a sign of admiration.

You guys enable something which only some time ago would have sounded like highly optimistic wishful thinking. You make it even better; instead of rushing to the markets including customers with lot of capital resources, you make these things possible for indies taking into account most indies are, in fact, out of money.

It's great that Cineform is not run by economists focusing fully on the next quarter of year but instead of engineer oriented people thinking of what happens in the long run!

yay!!! David Taylor and David Newman posting wow...

so exciting....

Mike McCarty very interested in your plans for your new system.

David Newman, contact me. I have a lot of RED footage from the Utah shoot, some of which I can use for testing. If I can throw all the R3d clips in a timeline using Cineform 2k, sync sound somehow, do some editing, and do a EDL/XML to a Neo 4k that would be awesome. I have access to a Sony 4K SXRD.... so It would be awesome to be able to show some Macgregor footage at 4K. As far as I know, Zach and Mac have started the edit.

anyone know a magical way to play back 4k via the Sony 4k projector that doesn't involve a QuVis?

mike
    behedge@yahoo.com