Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: System Feedback Wanted

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    windows xp pro
    systems ::

intell core duo @ 2.66GHZ
    3 GIG RAM

NVIDIA GeFORCE 8600 GTS

all went exceptionallly well
    Which version of Redcine? 3.1.2? And which version of QT?

I'm running Redcine 3.1.2 (because I upgraded to B16), and I need to know which version of QT I should be running.

-Thor
    I believe the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them. -Ansel Adams

Just finished principle photography on Killer Holiday with Red 137 MX. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHWcJnlz2E0

www.invictusproductions.com

Hi everyone! Posted earlier on another thread, anyway I've been trying to run Redcine on my laptop but the when it opens everything is smeared. You cannot read whats on the screen. The laptop's specs are:
    Toshiba Satellite M200
    CPU
    Windows XP, service Pack 2
    Dualcore Intel Wolfdale, 2100 Mhz(74x28)
    Intel (R) Core(TM) Duo CPU 8100 @ 2.1Ghz,2049 Mhz
    Video
    Mobile Intel(R) 965 Chipset Family
    Intel 6.14.10.4943 Driver (latest from Intel)
    256mb Memory
    Intel GMA 3000 Video Adapter
    Intel GMA 3000 3d Accelerator

Quote Originally Posted by Thor Wixom View Post
    Which version of Redcine? 3.1.2? And which version of QT?

I'm running Redcine 3.1.2 (because I upgraded to B16), and I need to know which version of QT I should be running.

-Thor
    thor - not in front of the machines at the moment. will double check in the morning when i get into work and post the info.

Thor - here's the info

QT 7.4.5 and RC v1.0.4

Macbook Pro 17
    2.6 ghz
    4 gigs ram
    Nvidia GE Force 8600M GT, 512 MB

can't even get Redcine to load. Quits after brief startup page.

REDCINE playback working great in XP x64, however when I try outputing several frames of 'A002_C003_07236R_001.R3D' as TIFF files it crashes on the 13th frame... The first 12 frames are rendered out fine.

Platform: Windows XP x64 sp2
    SW: RedCine 3.12
    HW: CPU - Q6600 Quadcore @2.4GHz / RAM - DDR2, 4GB 800MHz/ Video Adapter GeForce GTX 260

It also crashed with my 8800GTS.

Hi Rob.
    I don't know if this old system is interesting to you - but here it is:

My system:

XP, SP2, Redcine 3.12
    MB: Asus PC-DL DeLuxe
    CPU: 2x Intel Xeon 2.0 ghz, 533MHz FSB
    Chipset: Intel 82875P (Canterwood) North Bridge
    Memory: 1gb dual-channel DDR 333
    Video: Nvidia gf5200 (agp)

This is a fairly old system (2004), but still works for me for my music production since the processing power is exellent. I normally don't use this for video.

- Redcine plays on 1/4 medium res - a little bit slower than normal. At full quality I can only preview single frames - playback is very slow.
    - I can't do anything in the color-menu - nothing happens as i move any of the sliders.
    - I cannot export files - the result is a black screen. The Burn-in is there though. I'm trying to figure out this one - mayby it's a codec problem.
    - Redcine crashed occasionally untill I set the Nvidia-settings to "High performance" and "anisotropic filtering - off"

Since my other station is occupied for several weeks now I've been trying to get this station to render some previews of a project without luck. I'm still trying to figure out how to export a 1080HD H.264 quicktime file. If you have a hint i apreciate it.

K;)

Toshiba laptop: 2MHz Intel Core2 Duo 8750, 4GB ram, 256MB ATI Radeon 3750, 2 x 200GB 5400rpm drives. Vista 64bit home premium. Redcine 3.1.8

Program loads and runs fine. Plays 4k clips at 1/4res medium at about 18fps. Plays 2k clips real time at the same setting. All picture controls work correctly and instantly. Get frame failed to render error messages on attempted export to jpeg. Could be learning curve at this point. 1st time out. No freezes crashes or other bad behaviors.

Note: I am just playing with clips posted at Scarlet user or on Red relay to learn the process at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Toshiba laptop: 2MHz Intel Core2 Duo 8750, 4GB ram, 256MB ATI Radeon 3750, 2 x 200GB 5400rpm drives. Vista 64bit home premium. Redcine 3.1.8

Program loads and runs fine. Plays 4k clips at 1/4res medium at about 18fps. Plays 2k clips real time at the same setting. All picture controls work correctly and instantly. Get frame failed to render error messages on attempted export to jpeg. Could be learning curve at this point. 1st time out. No freezes crashes or other bad behaviors.

Note: I am just playing with clips posted at Scarlet user or on Red relay to learn the process at this point.
    I have tried loading Jarred's 2k dragstrip clip from redrelay and encoding to output at native size using every format and filter combination available except QT, I only have the QT player not the full version. All produce garbled frames, noise and banding, color shift, no usable image. everything else about the program works just fine except the encoding

As for me I went for a DIY PC.

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz (Will be upgrading to Intel Core 2 Quad 3GHz.)
    MSI P7N Diamond Motherboard
    4GBs Memory, "but it only registers 3GBs?"
    NVidia GT9600 with 1GBs video memory
    X-Fi PCI-E audio card
    (4) 32GB Patriot SSD Drives in Raid 0 for my OS Drive
    OS Windows XP Pro, 32bit

After purchasing my parts seperately over time I found a new i7 machine with many of the same features for roughly the same money.