Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KETCH ROSSi

Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 163 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
    The higher frame rate on 3D stereo is a cheap way to try to get around the annoying flicker feel caused from the poor tech. 48p looks video 30p looks video as well. 24p with 1/48 of black between each frame is looking the best I think, and most people trough history.

I have seen high def 150fps playback (playing from ram in the flame) and that looks like out a window/real etc but it's not at all pleasing to the eyes. 24p lets you see each frame which is simply looking better.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Epic - HAWK C 35-135mm - Milo MoCo - Droidworx Mikrokopter

This is why im in the arts....At my core i truly believe in creative freedom...I understand the need to give people what they want to make money...So what im saying is if you have money or dont mind living without it the worst you could do is not be creative. Theres nothing wrong with having mental sets we all do just encourage those pushing the limits you mite see something new.

lol i didn't mean for that to rhyme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(psychology)

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Starkey View Post
    This is why im in the arts....At my core i truly believe in creative freedom...I understand the need to give people what they want to make money...So what im saying is if you have money or dont mind living without it the worst you could do is not be creative. Theres nothing wrong with having mental sets we all do just encourage those pushing the limits you mite see something new.

lol i didn't mean for that to rhyme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(psychology)

Thanks Evan,

exactly my point, I don't do things for others when it comes to making Movies or capturing Still images, I do it because I love it, if others happen to like it of course that is nothing short of Fantastic.

What I do for others is projects of charity, and anything in assistance of Humanity and our planet, because I'm also a Philantropist at the CORE, but I would never allow others to dictate what I do or how I express my self in the Arts, that is why I have not done anything so far, and finally at my first Movie, because NOW I FINALLY CAN DO AS I PLEASE... ;)
    KETCH ROSSiF i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

"Sponsors" listed for full disclosure
    Maxx Digital | Schneider Kreuznach/Optics | BB&S | Miller | Blueshape | Trost | Innovativ | Bright Tangerine | Kessler | Lowepro | Village Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Thanks Evan,

exactly my point, I don't do things for others when it comes to making Movies or capturing Still images, I do it because I love it, if others happen to like it of course that is nothing short of Fantastic.

What I do for others is projects of charity, and anything in assistance of Humanity and our planet, because I'm also a Philantropist at the CORE, but I would never allow others to dictate what I do or how I express my self in the Arts, that is why I have not done anything so far, and finally at my first Movie, because NOW I FINALLY CAN DO AS I PLEASE... ;)
    and that's how it should always be in the arts be it music, filmmaking or what ever. Everything we argue here is just personal tastes :)
    RED is the PC of cinema world. Most powerful, most customizable and most freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Thanks Evan,

This is why I love you Ketch!

Paul Ellington
    director/dp & writer

Just read this: http://www.ketchrossistudios.com/201...ject/#comments

Sounds like a madman just listing some unrealistic things ;D I didn't really understand what this was about. Is this one building you are planning to build or many buildings around the world or what? How have you became so rich that you can do all these things you are doing atm and are planning to do?

One more question... why did you decide to shoot the Rape of a Beauty in 3D? Isn't it drama?
    Last edited by Josh Snyder; 04-27-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    RED is the PC of cinema world. Most powerful, most customizable and most freedom.

I didn't mean you are a mad man, just that there were so many big plans listed one after another that it sounded like a madman with crazy plans :) English is not my first language and sometimes the meaning of the message might seem different than intended hehe

Ok so it will be one complete new building in Italy for all this stuff? Do you have yet any estimates when it will be opened? How about the theater. Why do you think whole new chain need to be made? Couldn't the old ones be just updated with a new systems like before and why do you think it's not enough?

You seem to be very busy already and I hope you have to for all this :) Anyways, sounds pretty awesome.

Thanks for clarifying :) can't wait to see the project coming alive. Hopefully you will update the process (including the construction work etc) in this thread so we can enjoy the ride too :)

he is a mad man.. but really entertaining and inspirational for this community! "may the westerlies always blow favorably for the ketch"

Quote Originally Posted by paul.moore View Post
    he is a mad man.. but really entertaining and inspirational for this community! "may the westerlies always blow favorably for the ketch"

What a FIRTS post Paul... ;)

Welcome to REDUSER... A ONE CRAZY community of Filmmakers!!

Thanks for the kind words, love the winds and anything they bring with, which usually are always good things... ;)
    KETCH ROSSiF i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

"Sponsors" listed for full disclosure
    Maxx Digital | Schneider Kreuznach/Optics | BB&S | Miller | Blueshape | Trost | Innovativ | Bright Tangerine | Kessler | Lowepro | Village Blackout