Thread: epic Eta

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The situation in Japan has affected us, along with the rest of the industry. We are like ants looking for an alternate route to the sugar. It is affecting EPIC-X and Scarlet 8X the most. We can't give specific dates because we are in line for parts from alternate suppliers along with everyone else. We do know that we are sitting here with a ton of inventory of parts and pieces ready to roll and the latest it could possibly be to get EPIC-X in production is June. We are trying for sooner. Even if we begin production in June, we think we can clear all orders by end of summer.
    Subject to change of course, but this is a little more reassuring.

Senior Member Christian Munoz D's Avatar
    USA-Chile-Worldwide ----Red One & Epic Owner----
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post

If you cannot wait, sell your house and order a Sony F65. good camera....

Peter
    Peter,

Great quote!

Can I use it with my colleagues?

Best,
    Christian Muñoz-Donoso

Equilibrio Films, LLC
    cmunoz at equilibriofilms dot com
    Studio: +1 646-397-9498
    Massachusetts, USA

www.ChristianMunozDonoso.com
    www.EquilibrioFilms.com
    www.WildViewSeries.org

Quote Originally Posted by Donavan Sell View Post
    After being on the list for quite sometime now and talking to the guys at the red booth at nab.
    I am seriously doubting the epic will make it to market any time soon.
    I really wanted to hear good news from the guys at nab but all I got was a bunch of " I can't say" or " I don't know's"
    So cmon Red get your act together and start making what you have been promising for the price you promised.
    I am not paying extra $ to get a M, I just want what was promised a year ago to come to market already.
    I have a strong feeling that this post is exactly what was needed to solve the production delays.

Peter Matthes
    NYC based Producer, DGA AD, PM, AC
    Epic-Dragon #2404 "Robin Hood"
    Scarlet-X #476 "Manhattan"
    Red Pro Primes 18-300mm, Bartech/F-Stop/Heden Digital Follow Focus, O'Connor 2575D, Arriflex MMB-1, Elements Mantis
    REDucation at Abel Cine Tech NY - January 2014

The Wolves Den
    Pen & Inc.

My personal issue is that I have someone who wants to buy my RED - and I told them I would sell it not long after NAB when I get my Epic-X. I'm not too far down the list. Now it's delayed due to uncontrollable circumstances. But they still want the camera now, but I'm not "allowed" to sell it to them, or I lose the Stage 2 reservation that I have. Great.

Senior Member Stephen Strangways's Avatar
    I believe you can do a lease-to-own agreement with a really low buyout. Ask Ketch about it!

Hi Donovan,

Good to see you on here.
    Try to think of missed delivery dates as part of the fun.
    Want some delicious Kool-aid ?

Matt Uhry
    www.mattuhry.com

It's just those amazing EPIC dreams I have every night that keep me going...
    Hopefully one day I'll wake up with an eyefull of Bomb EVF and a handfull of EPIC!

My offer still stands, Jim. One EPIC-S for a THOROUGH bathroom scrub.

(and all my money)

Whenever you're ready. :)

For a quick summary of how the disaster in Japan is impacting tech production here's a link to a commentary by Thom Hogan (of Nikon fame/infamy ;~)) . Scroll down to the April 16 "Camera World Still Shaking" article. http://www.bythom.com/index.htm

RED (I think wisely) will not be releasing any specifics, promises or projections regarding production, but you can easily infer that ALL tech production (including those 18 parts) in Japan is impacted by the lack of reliable power. What's encouraging is that even competitors like Honda and Toyota realize they will need to cooperate in the power rationing - they are placing long term needs of the nation's economy above corporate competition for petty short-term advantage. In fact, I will not be surprised at all if this summer hundreds of millions of Japanese decide to turn off the AC and sweat out the summer so that the factories have the power needed to keep running.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    Jim, Jarred and the gang have no upside to delaying Epic. They would love it they could ship 1000 Epic-X's tomorrow. Circumstances way beyond anyone imagination causes that to be impossible.

Having shot with 7 Epics for the past 5 months I can tell you to be patient and wait. It is an amazing product.

If you cannot wait, sell your house and order a Sony F65. good camera....

Cheers,

Peter
    How much is Sony F65?

The Sony price point for the F65 wil be announced closedr to fall with full specs. Have seen it and it is a nice bit of kit but will not be priced anywhere near the Epic X ......

In my humble opinion the Epic is perfect for someone like me. Small, rugged, and modular. Yesterday I was shooting VFX plates for Spiderman in 2D. So easy and could simply turn on HDRx when I needed a little help with a sky.

Believe me I wish I had my Stage 3 Epic X. But it will be worth the wait.

Peter