Thread: epic Eta

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 epic Eta 
    After being on the list for quite sometime now and talking to the guys at the red booth at nab.
    I am seriously doubting the epic will make it to market any time soon.
    I really wanted to hear good news from the guys at nab but all I got was a bunch of " I can't say" or " I don't know's"
    So cmon Red get your act together and start making what you have been promising for the price you promised.
    I am not paying extra $ to get a M, I just want what was promised a year ago to come to market already.

Quote Originally Posted by Donavan Sell View Post
    After being on the list for quite sometime now and talking to the guys at the red booth at nab.
    I am seriously doubting the epic will make it to market any time soon.
    I really wanted to hear good news from the guys at nab but all I got was a bunch of " I can't say" or " I don't know's"
    So cmon Red get your act together and start making what you have been promising for the price you promised.
    I am not paying extra $ to get a M, I just want what was promised a year ago to come to market already.
    I am sure you are frustrated, and justifiably so, but have you not been reading the news lately?

Jim said more then once that despite the delays, He fills optimistic that even so starting at a later time, possibly June, all Epic-X stages would still get delivered by summer's end of this year.

Jim, Jarred and the gang have no upside to delaying Epic. They would love it they could ship 1000 Epic-X's tomorrow. Circumstances way beyond anyone imagination causes that to be impossible.

Having shot with 7 Epics for the past 5 months I can tell you to be patient and wait. It is an amazing product.

If you cannot wait, sell your house and order a Sony F65. good camera....

Cheers,

Peter

hi, were the epics from a rental company?
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

Yes, the Epics we are using are rented. That said, many have shipped to individuals and rental houses. I own one... They are out there!

"Epic ETA?"= You just talked about Fight Club. Don't forget rule number one around these parts.

Noah

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donavan Sell View Post
    I just want what was promised a year ago to come to market already.
    Maybe I missed something, but I'm pretty sure Red has never promised anything. Canon, Sony, Panasonic all go through these same delays as Red when delivering a product. The difference is that you usually never know about it. If Apple had announced the iPhone when they drew up their first prototypes, we would have been "waiting around" for the iPhone to be released for almost a decade.

That said, I'm just as frustrated as you about the delays, simply because it's an AMAZING camera that I really want, as do many of us here. The time will come, we just have to be patient...

I was at NAB too, and the guys at RED told me there was nothing more they wanted than to be able to deliver all EPIC's as soon as possible, and that the production line was ready to start, but that all that was missing were some parts that come from Japan, and as we all know, Japan just can not deliver at the moment. But they did say they were trying to source those parts from other suppliers, and as soon as they did have them in stock, they would start producing EPIC's and at a fast rate. So, even though I am one of the last on the stage 2 line, I should get mine by the end of summer or sooner.
    Antonio "Pipas" Forjaz from Maputo, Mozambique
    HELIUM S35 #1962
    GEMENI HELIUM W #7785
    Hydrogen Titanium H1T 0000684
    Hydrogen Aluminium H1B 0000593
    No longer have my RAVEN... SOLD IT
    No longer with me my RED MX SSD #6340
    www.pipasforjaz.com
    www.mahlafilmes.com
    Apple Certified Pro FCP 6
    REDucation MX edition completed

the great thing about epic M is that you get 4 ssd cards and a Bomb evf in that bundle.
    dont know if japan has any effect on bomb evfs and ssd cards. does somebody know?
    edit: i have ssd cards on order but doesnt want them now, i want them along with Epic :)
    red is not a color, it's a camera.