Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: very angry me

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 very angry me 
    i've sent in my 17/50 zoom 2 months ago due to dust inside the lens and the dam thing still isn' back; imho a hell of a time for a turn around and a loss of mucho mocho dollar since i need to rent lenses now !
    Therefore me really not happy for once with customer service; i just hope they haven't sent that thing to Japan ! But at least they could have offered a free replacement lens, but nada, nothing, niente !!! Big MESS this is...
    No Problem Production, Bruxelles, Belgium
    No Problem

Jesus 2 Months-THATS SCARY!!

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Oliver,

Please shoot me a quick email to nick - dot - grow - at - red - dot - com and we will get this sorted for you...

Nick

I am going on seven weeks with a grinding issue in the 17-50 rpz ... I love my red products, but was told that the turn around should be three weeks.... I too really loathe renting gear I own. The most frustrating part is that I have been repeatedly told that a message has been sent to the lens repair technicians and that I should get an update.... but never received a single call back. I am sure that there is a good reason for this, but I have already had to rent a lens for twenty shoot days...ugh
    Thomas Akira Nakasone | akirafilms.com

I prefer that life imitates art, not vice versa.

I don't rent stuff because I need it, but if it's anything like the way I see people treating rental cars etc, you really can't imagine the mistreatment your lenses might be getting. Some people rent because they want to learn, on your equipment. Maybe the lens you sent in required a total rebuild, who knows?

Thank you Nick Grow for responding to my request for help on a sunday of all days, hopefully my lens will come home soon.

Butterfield...Let me clarify, I meant renting gear from other vendors, that i own myself but can't use because it is in for repair. I do not rent my lenses out ever. And if a total rebuild that takes 7+ weeks is the prognosis, so be it, I would just want that in an update instead of radio silence.

Nice Pixelvision Avatar btw. :)

Noah

Thanks to Nick Grow and Haley Peralta for very expeditiously resolving my issue, I am so appreciative of your help and personal attention. For a guy who shoots fashion/brand vids it is really refreshing to known that you don't have to be Peter Jackson or Greg Williams to have the caring people at RED take notice of an issue and get involved.

@Noah, thanks man the pxl 2000 was my first camera... As we enter the realm of 5k it always amazes me to think I used to shoot at 120x90 on an audio cassette... Blast my mother for giving the relic to the good will and tossing my seminal works

9. #9 very happy me 
    problem solved, the lens is in the air !
    thx to Nick, very happy me now.
    carpe diem
    No Problem Production, Bruxelles, Belgium
    No Problem

It's a pity you have to be vocal in this forum to get things moving. I had to do the same a few times.
    We all think RED is a huge company with many people fixing/making/sorting etc.. sadly no... But still are great inventers, you have to give them that..
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

RED DRAGON #456, RED EPIC X #612, RED EPIC X #1137

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au