Thread: Epic-S information base?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. #1 Epic-S information base? 
    I don't come to REDuser everyday like I do other places. Mainly because the only camera I'm really interested in at the moment is the Epic-S, formerly Scarlet S35. So I just come here to check for news on that and I hardly ever see mention of it on here anymore. I know the big thing is Epic-M and X, and people are raving about the Scarlet Fixed, I almost feel embarrassed bringing this up in the Epic forum, like Epic-S is the RED-headed stepchild that no one wants to talk about, no pun intended...ok, maybe I did!

But anyway. I know there are delays and setbacks and they are perfectly understandable. I guess what I'm asking is will there be a place on here for Epic-S news and info? Or will everything be lumped into the general Epic forum? I just feel that any Epic-S info immediately gets crushed by its bigger brother in a matter of seconds. I guess I feel left out.

I guess I'm one of those people that like updates even if the update is that there's nothing new to update...

That's all! Go RED!
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

I second that

Epic M is in production
    Epic X will soon be in production
    Scarlet fixed and Epic S will follow
    No one knows when

I guess I've made my point. Thread is all the way at the bottom with hardly a dent. It just seems that no one cares about the Epic-S which worries me that it might not happen, in which case I'm SOL. I don't want a Scarlet and I can't afford the Epic-X or RED One MX at the moment.

Jarek Zabczynski

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    I guess I've made my point. Thread is all the way at the bottom with hardly a dent. It just seems that no one cares about the Epic-S which worries me that it might not happen, in which case I'm SOL. I don't want a Scarlet and I can't afford the Epic-X or RED One MX at the moment.
    Actually, it's because there is nothing to report at the moment. Plenty of people care about that particular model. But a lot of people understand that with RED's new policies, information will become available when it's ready. So until then...
    Steve Sherrick

Edit: I had a wall of text here, but Steve Sherrick beat me to it and said it just as well.

I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on Epic-S. I am in the same boat - can't afford an Epic-X...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    Actually, it's because there is nothing to report at the moment. Plenty of people care about that particular model. But a lot of people understand that with RED's new policies, information will become available when it's ready. So until then...
    Yep. And I understand where they are coming from, gotta stop giving competitors ideas. There's just a so much hype and talk about Epic-M,X and the fixed Scarlet, it kinda places the Epic-S in an awkward position at the moment.

Jarek Zabczynski

Good point. In the meantime I'll be here with you guys, silently and obediently waiting for the EPIC-S to grace us with its majesty.

One more for Epic-S...
    When, when, when?