Thread: Nikon Lenses on Red

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Nikon Lenses on Red 
    I have been using Nikon lenses for 3 years on my Red
    Here is what makes it works for me.
    OptiTek Nikon mount optitek.org/nikon-prolock.php keeps the mount rigid. (mentioned several times on forum)
    The front of the lens can still shift.
    I use a clip on matte box with 3 rods around it to eliminate any up/down or sideways movement of the front of the lens.
    Focus gears, I ordered mine from www.jbkcinequipt.com
    A wireless focus system with rings for each lens that I made with a Putora focus chart.
    This spreads out the marks to about 300 degrees on the ring and lets me set marks that are missing on the lens.
    I have a Bartech and designed my rings with shapeways.com. For more info on my rings see http://www.steadicamforum.com/index.php?showtopic=13620
    As I have a analog system I also painted end marks on the lens. If you have a digital system that auto calibrates this is not necessary.

Sergei
    www.sergeifranklin.com
    Attached Images

Thanks for posting this!

I also use the www.jbkcinequipt.com gears and I use his FF-206 FF unit with a RedRock Mattebox all on 19mm rails. The FF is on a 19mm to 15mm adapter also by www.jbkcinequipt.com. The FF has an overwide gear to allow for the ring movement on the Micro-Nikkors. And because the gear has a small diameter the 1/4 turn focus pull from close to infinity is a full turn on the FF. This for me works out to an excellent solution for Nikon glass on the RED MX.
    Richard Foster
    http://www.fosterent.com
    RED MX #1058 "Secretariat"

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. - Einstein

Carpe Diem